Part 7

I couldn't believe I invited him over. My brain commanded me to do so, but I wasn't going to complain either. I had to be honest to myself that I thought he was cute, but nothing more. Like, I felt bad for him when I realized he was the innocent nerd Zac beat up for no reason.

The doorbell interrupted my thoughts, making me run down the stairs and opened the door, making his braces became visible as a huge smile formed on his face.

"A perfect day for chemistry, isn't it?" Oh boy. Nerd alert.

"Sure," I said ironically. He looked around in the living room before he turned to me.

"Where do you want to sit?" He asked like he owned the house. I shrugged my shoulders.

"My bedroom, I guess?" I said uncertainty.

"To the bedroom we go!" He said out loud, sounding like some kind of superhero. I let my face fall in my hands, feeling embarrassed for his behalf. Maybe he wasn't that cute after all.

We sat down on my bed where we sat yesterday. Niall was searching through his backpack while I dangled my feet down from the bedside. Without knowing, I found myself staring at his back. His t-shirt was slowly gliding upwards his back, showing off the top of his underwear - a pair of Calvin Klein. I giggled for myself, making him turn around and look at me like a question mark.

"What's so funny?" He asked. I shook my head and continued to laugh in my palms as I tried to calm down.

"Did you do something to me?" His hand tried to reach behind his back to check if there was something there.

"No, no, it's nothing," I shook my head again, still not managing to calm down my giggles. My back fell down on the bed. I couldn't stop laughing. Niall sat up normally after stopping his search for whatever he was looking for in his backpack. His eyes were staring at me with an odd glare.
I lifted my upper body up by leaning on my elbows.

"What?" I asked. He didn't even look at my face. Instead, his eyes looked down my body. That bastard was checking me out.

"Umm, Niall?" I tried to get contact with him. His head shot up like a scared deer.

"If you forgot the book-," his body suddenly leaned down to his backpack again and sat up again with the book in his hands.

"No worries," he smiled. If he had the book all along, then what was he searching for in the first place?
About an hour later, he stopped reading. I'll take back what I said earlier. He was cute. His voice was cute and he had more confident now than he had back in the library.

"(Y/N)?" He whispered and turned to face me, "Can you read this paragraph for me?" His finger pointed down in the book. I shook my head. I really didn't want to do it for some reason. Right now, he was the one with confidant and I was the one without. I was always the one with confidant, except for now.

"Can you at least give it a try?" Niall tried to force me. I swallowed hard. How come I was so nervous in front of this boy? It was really starting to annoy me.
My mouth opened halfway, starting to say the first word. I tried to read the whole sentence without stopping, but the white paper made me dizzy. I felt my head move back and forth. I could no longer see what the sentence said. "I can't," I confessed. "I can't read it," I repeated. I clapped the book shut and fell down in the bed again. This time, Niall fell down with me.

"Why am I so stupid?" I turned my head to face Niall. I wanted to cry and give up on myself, but there was no way I was going to cry in front of the new nerd in class.

"You aren't," he spoke out. I still had my face turned to him, but he kept his eyes up in the ceiling.

"Well, you don't know me," I crossed my arms and looked up in the ceiling myself. I could his face turned to the side in the corner of my eyes, looking at me.

"Then tell me about yourself," he said. His eyes began to dig deep holes in my eyes.

"Tell me about the real (Y/N)."