Part 18

Everything was going to be fine. People didn’t care anymore, but even if they would, our relationship wouldn’t break down because of it. The whole school knew we were together and they all accepted it. In fact, we were the cutest couple in school, in my opinion. I didn’t know how the ‘lets-all-accept-them’ happened, it just did somehow. It wasn’t something to question either, but I sure was happy that it turned out fine.

- - -

His hand was fitted nicely into mine as we were walking down the hallway. We both just came in from the cold weather outside. All the snow was beautiful, but as the weakling I was, I couldn’t handle the cold.

People turned to look at us, but instead of giving us ugly glares we were greeted with smiles. I liked the attention they gave us, and as I turned to look up at Niall, he was smiling, which caused me to smile as well.

We walked down towards our classroom when we saw the same, familiar faces stare at us with puppy eyes, my ex friends. The confidence they used to have glued to their faces was gone. There was no longer a seat for each one of them by the ‘popular’ table. After my little speech a few months ago, people dared to stand up against them and push them down to the lowest. They sure weren’t happy about it and they were clearly not glad with me being on the top without them. 

I gave all four of them a quick and ignorant glare. They all looked like tiny kittens under my majestic confidence. A lure smile formed and I felt the happiness transfer to me thanks their misery. Niall suddenly dragged me after him in the classroom door.

“Stop,” he snapped, turning around quickly with an irritated look in his oh so blue eyes.

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“You’re acting all weird again,” he declared.

“Seriously Niall?” I rolled my eyes, “I’m not.”

He let out a sigh before he found us both a seat next to each other. Marcel came dancing into the classroom seconds later and sat down next to him. Again, I rolled my eyes, this time because of how stupid Marcel acted. I was usually embarrassed on his behalf.

“Ouch!” Niall’s shoulder bumped into me, “What was that for?”I groaned.

"He’s my friend, (Y/N). Stop looking a him that way,” he warned, showing of the burning anger in his eyes.

“What are you talking about” I inquired.

“Don’t try to fool me. You’ve been giving everyone under your ‘level’ the bitchy look of yours for weeks and I don’t want to see it anymore,” Niall notified.

“They were mean to me first Niall, remember? The girls ignored ME. They all deserve what they’re getting,” I hissed back. Niall shook his head, completely disagreeing. I bit my teeth down hard, clenching my jaw to stay calm.

“It’s not only them, (Y/N)… You look at me like that, too, and to be honest, it’s scaring me sometimes. It makes me uncomfortable,” he took a deep breath, “What I’m trying to say is that I want to see your beautiful smile instead of that freaky stare. You shouldn’t bother what other people think and you shouldn’t bother about other people-“ He got cut off by a clap from the teacher in front of us, who currently was trying to make the whole class silent, making both of us look up to the black board.

I knew he was right, but I told myself not to confess. He was always right anyway, which made me look like the stupid one in our relationship, even though I clearly was. Yet, my grades were rising, thanks to Niall and his tutor lessons, of course.

_

Class was dismissed 85 minutes later and we all headed home. The time flew by way to quickly now days, ever since Niall came into my life. There wasn’t anything that could thank him enough for existing.

“(Y/N)! Hey! Wait up!” I heard behind me and even before I managed to turn around, a smile was already plastered on my face.

“You didn’t say goodbye, sweetie,” Niall breathed heavily due to his little jog. I giggled and quickly peeked his lips. As I was about to walk over to the bus stop, he grabbed my waist and turned me around again.

“If you can’t fulfill my lust, then I will,” he whispered and his lips were shortly on mine again. His hand started to stroke my hips, slowly rising up to my bum where he left a small smack, causing me to let out a moan into our kiss. His signature smirk was soon felt in the kiss as well.

“You sneaky nerd,” I giggled as I leaned away from him, “Why the sudden confidence, Horan?”

“It’s legal to try out new things, you know,” he chuckled. I could feel my knees weaken by his gorgeous smile. As his sentence faded away in the cold wind, it kept repeating in my head. New things? Wasn’t our relationship perfect as it was? Wasn’t nice and sweet enough for him?

“Thank you,” he suddenly murmured. My eyebrow rose in question. He chuckled as he probably realized I didn’t understand what the heck he was trying to tell.

“For being mine,” he smiled, “For letting me have someone likeyou,” his hands went from my hips to his pocket. Another chuckle left his mouth, but this time it was more awkward. Niall pulled his shoulders higher, signalizing that he was…

“Cold?” I asked, concerned. Imagining him on the bed sick wasn’t appropriate for me. He nodded slightly. His teeth began to shake. I began taking my thick jacket off. His hands reached out of his pocket and over to the zip of my jacket, refusing me to take it off.

“I don’t want you to get sick, okay?” I snapped his hands off and slowly slid the jacket off me before I handed it over to him.

“(Y/N)…” he whispered with a clear tone that he didn’t want to accept my kindness.

“Stop protesting and put it on, or else…” “Or else?” He quickly responded.

“… Or else I won’t kiss you goodbye,” I warned seriously, but couldn’t handle the poker face an ended up grinning like an idiot.

“Moron…” he chuckled, “I’ll kiss you anyway and you know I’ll win if you try to escape.”

Sadly, he was right, again. Remember the bruise he gave me after the first tutor lesson we had together? Well, I surely do. He might look like a weak nerd, but he is - in fact, really strong.

“I dare you,” I stuck my tongue out at him. He leaned his chest closer, but I managed to keep him away with my hands. Unfortunately, my arms weakened after a few seconds and we both ended up in the snow. His face came closer and our lips met again. It was a releasing feeling I could never get sick off. Niall’s lips tasted like dust, even though I didn’t know what dust tasted like, but I assumed it tasted somewhat like him.

The kiss abruptly ended as Niall started to couch. I quickly stood up and gave him my hand to help him up. He refused to get help and decided to stand up himself.

I cleared my throat, “You should head home and get some rest, Ni.”

“Yeah…” he hesitated, “You too.”

“You’re the one couching, Mr. Charming.”

“You’re the one without jacket,” he challenged me.

“Just do me a favor and don’t get sick,” I kissed his cheek and started to walk towards the school bus that finally decided to show up.

“I promise,” He said loudly behind me, but the wind made it harder to hear. 

I turned around to look at him one last time before I stepped inside the bus. A smile became visible as I saw him stare at me with my jacket on. How much I adored that boy more and more was indescribable.