Part 17

Nobody knew about us. We both agreed to do it in secret. It was for our own best. People would mock us if they knew we had been dating for three months already. The first date was over at his house and to be honest, it was much more romantic than a restaurant.

I was currently sitting by the cafeteria table with the girls, who had been acting strange since… I don’t even remember anymore. I used to be the one they always talked the most to, but I was now the one who would be standing outside the circle. They quit inviting me to slumber parties, but I tried to act like I didn’t notice they were ignoring me, which was hard. I mean, they had been my best friends for over three years and now they suddenly decided to slowly turn against me?

Anyway, I kept looking at Niall, who were sitting by another table with Marcel and some other geeks. I was glad that he had friends, and they all seemed real, too. I couldn’t control my eyes that never got tired of the cute smile of his. He was talking to them and his laugh would echo around in the cafeteria, or maybe it was just my illusion.

His eyes suddenly met mine and we ended up looking at each other with an intense, yet lovingly stare. He lost his smile for a second, but it didn’t take long until it was back. We both ended up sitting there in different ends of the cafeteria, smiling at each other like idiots. The blue eyes of his could light up the room, no matter the distance between us.  

“(Y/N)?” Casey hit the table hard, trying to get contact with me.

“Hm?” I turned to face her, letting my smile slowly fade away.

“Who are you looking at, girl?” She asked in curiosity. I shrugged my shoulders, trying to pretend like nothing.

“Stop messing around,” Olivia said with a bitchy tone and raised an eyebrow.

“I’m not,” I tried to say, but they all shook their heads together.

“Who’s the boy?” They kept asking.

“There isn’t a boy,” I lied.

“Is it a girl, then?” They all giggled. I rolled my eyes at them and shook my head.

“I didn’t know you were a lesbian,” Lori, the spoiled one, said loudly out of nowhere. Everyone in the cafeteria went silent. I turned around to see that half of the students were now listening.

“We’ve known you for years, (Y/N). You can tell us anything.”

“You know nothing about me. Besides, why do you suddenly care about me, huh?” I said, “You’ve all been ignoring me for months.”

“Eh, we have not,” Isabella, who obviously was the diva, answered rudely, following with a silent “bitch” after her sentence.

“Eh, you have,” I tried to copy her, “You’ve all kept me out of the circle and I’m sick of it!” I yelled in anger, not caring if people heard me. Everyone deserved to know how they really were; bitches made by 15% blood and 85% crap.

“You’ve all screwed up for every one of us somehow and I bet I’m not the only one who’s sick of you!” I kept yelling at them. I was out of control. Two hands were suddenly around my waist, trying to hold me still. It was obviously Niall who was standing next to me, holding me tight.

“(Y/N), calm down, please,” he begged. His muscles were bigger than anyone could imagine, but they still didn’t do any effect on me.

“Those boobs you’re so proud of aren’t even half the size people think they are and your skin is far from that brown!” I wasn’t out of control; I was COMPLETELY out of control. Words I didn’t even want to say slipped out of my mouth, but I was too carried away to even notice. Easier said; the demon inside me took over.  

Niall didn’t let me go a second, which in time caused me to calm down. He walked me out to the back of the school and pushed me carefully against the brick wall.

“Are you okay?” He asked peacefully. I shook my head and dipped it down in my hands.

“They were my friends, Niall,” I cried out in my hands.

“Yeah, I know,” he pushed me closer to his chest, making me dig my face into his sweater instead. He planted a kiss on my head and stroke my back carefully. His touch made it easier to slow things down.

“But promise me one thing, (Y/N)…” he paused, “Don’t turn into one of them. You’re a better person than they are.” I shook my head in disagreement. After what I just told them, they’ll never forgive me. Not only did I just tell them, but also the whole school was there to witness every word that was spoken. One of his long fingers was suddenly sneaking under my chin in a carrying pace and hoisted my head up.

“You ARE,” he declared with a clearer voice, “and don’t ever forget that.”

By forcing the muscle in my face, a weakly smile finally appeared, “Thank you, Ni,” I sniffed and looked up at him with a slight smile. He smiled back before he pushed me into his chest again.

“There’s nothing to thank me for. You’re my girl. It’s kind of my job to make sure you’re okay,” he kissed my head again, causing chills to sparkle down my spine.

He leaned down and put his forehead against mine, making our noses touch as we both smiled fragile.

At that moment I didn’t care if anyone saw us, nor heard us. They weren’t going to affect either my life or our relationship if they told anyone in any case. It would be impossible to separate us from now on.

My time with the girls was officially over and my time with Niall had only begun. They haven’t been ordinary friends the last months anyway, which made it easier to decide that I was over them. Besides, there were other cool students I could hang out with. It was a fresh and new start, for both of us.

One of the few things I liked about him was his touch. Whenever he swung his arms around me and held me close, I felt safer, just like in fairy tails when your prince saves you from the bad villains. Niall had the same affect on me. He scared the demons away. He made the struggle with difficult thoughts for years fade away. He also made me feel special, because he knew I was. Likewise, I knew he was an exceptional little creature himself.

He was such a loving person. Even though our lives changed because of each other, it also made us come closer somehow. Like we were cut in half, but sewed together again.

We didn’t move. We just stood there, like we were glued to the ground. Our eyes were bonded together. His blue eyes screamed lust and desire and it didn’t take long until our lips met as well. I didn’t mind, though.

A raindrop tore us apart and we both looked up in the sky, only to be hit by a million raindrops. Niall rushed to take his jacket off and held it over my head, and as I was about to tell him to put it back on, he shushed me, “Not even the rain can touch my girl.”