Part 12

I woke up to the sound of an opening door. In complete panic, I sat up and took a look around in the room. Niall was out of sight. I looked over to the clock; it was already half past nine. He probably left for school, which I couldn’t stop him for doing either.

The door fully opened and I heard people laughing. Maybe my friends ditched school and finally decided to show up, I thought for a second.

“Yeah, I know. We’ll talk about it later!” The person laughed out in the corridor, slowly showing off his long, white doctor jacket. I sighed in disappointment. What was I thinking? Of course Casey and the girls couldn’t come. They were probably too busy skipping school to get their nails fixed.

The door closed, making my head look towards it.

“Hey, (Y/N), right?” He read from his papers before he reached out his hand, “I’m Doctor Fred, but you can call me Fred,” he smiled widely.

I had no other choice than to reach out my hand as well,“Yeah, (Y/N), that’s me.”

Doctor Fred looked through some papers before he looked down on me again.

“I’m just here to take a quick morning check, like we always do,” Fred looked down in his papers again, “You know why you’re here, right?”

I nodded, not wanting to say much.

“Well, miss, after the tests we took yesterday, while you were unconscious, it shows that you have a brain concussion,” he paused, “But don’t worry, it didn’t cause you too much damage and you’ll be out of here in no time” he told me, still smiling.

“Anyway, are you feeling better today?” He asked, still showing off the creepy smile of his. I kept nodding awkwardly.

“Okay, sounds good. And please, feel free to push the red button next to your bed if you need something. You aren’t really supposed to walk around when you have a concussion,”the doctor explained.

Suddenly, I heard my phone buzz. I could see doctor Fred look down on it before he turned to me again.

“Try not to watch too much TV or sit on any electrical devices, it’ll end up with a long-lasting headache,” he informed.

Again, I nodded.

“Not much of a talker, huh?” He chuckled, “I’ll leave you alone, then,” he smiled widely one last time before he disappeared out the door. I sighed in relief.

I reached out for my phone, hoping it was Casey or one of the other girls. I sank down in the bed as I saw it was neither of them. It was from no other than Niall. I opened the message.

“Sorry for not saying goodbye, but I thought you needed to sleep, so I chose not to wake you up. Anyway, I hope you’re feeling better. I’ll come over after school, if that’s okay. Oh, and I need to tell you…”

I suddenly felt my head start to go in circles, making me dizzy. I tried reading the rest of the text, but everything became unclear, making it impossible to even keep my eyes open.

With the phone in my hands I fell asleep, again. The headache faded away as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

*Some kind of flashback*

Monster, freak, fatso, troll, demon; the nicknames I remembered so badly. All the different names people would throw after me whenever I walked pass them in elementary school. I couldn’t make them stop either. They ruined me for years. They ruined me for life. I would never forget, but yet again, I deserved it after what I did to my twin sister. I deserved it so badly.

As always, there was always someone that was a bigger bully than the others. In my situation it was the popular boy with crystal clear eyes. I could remember his eyes from all the times he stood up in my face and yelled every mean word he could find in the dictionary. Gosh, if I ever met him again he would disappear from the soil. No one would see him again after I was finished with him. His face began to become clearer as the memories returned. Blonde hair. Familiar face. I swear I’d seen him somewhere recently.

“(Y/N)?” I heard. My eyes opened and met his blue ones. Niall’s eyes light up the room. I couldn’t come over how beautiful they actually were.

“Hmm…” I moaned, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

“Feeling better?” He asked nicely. I shrugged my shoulders.

“What is it?” He asked while sitting down in the chair next to the bed.

“Nah, don’t think about it.” I didn’t want him to worry about me more than he already did.

“Something is bothering you, (Y/N),” he leaned his elbows on the bedside.

“No, no, everything it’s fine,” I lied, probably too obvious. My head crooked forward, looking down in my lap.

“Did you get my message?” He changed the subject.

“The text that caused me to get a major headache?” “Yeah, I got it,” I looked up from my lap. “I didn’t manage to read everything, though.”

“Oh, I didn’t know-“

“Whatever, what about it?” I interrupted him. 

His fingers rushed through his blonde hair as he bent his head down, facing the bed sheet. “There’s something I need to tell you …”