Chapter 09

Camila

Ally and I walk into study hall on the 4th day of senior year. It was already super hot so early. I continue to fan myself as I see Ally from the corner of my eye turn and sit at the middle table. Going to join her I see Lauren is sitting there. 

She looks up at us as we sit and Ally waves. "Lauren takes out a head phone. "Hey did you enjoy your chicken?" Ally gleefully ask her. "No I got sick." The girl who isn't wearing a beanie today replies.

Did I miss something? How does she even know she had chicken?

"Oh my gosh! So did my mom!" Ally's eyes pop out of her head. "Dang that's crazy." Lauren replies trying to look sympathetic. "Right?! She's fine now though." 

I'm completely bewildered right now. What is going on? I look from one girl to the other as the conversation continues.

"Do you feel better now?" She returns the sympathy. "Yea, I'm good." Lauren flashes a two second smile. "Good! Oh and you can go home and tell your dad I got you to talk more!" She laughs softly. "He'd love that." Lauren jokes back.

Seriously someone tell me what is going on! I look at Ally in dismay. "Oh, I saw Lauren and her dad at KFC the other night." She smiles like it's no big deal. It's not a big deal but she could of filled me in sooner. 

"Ohh." I nod. 

We all retreat into our own activities. To my left Ally scrolls through her phone. Across from me Lauren reads a book. It's a sight. I wouldn't of took her for the reading type. I notice she looks disheveled but just as pretty. No leather jacket or beanie. I sneak a glance under the table. She has on high top shoes. It's different but it still suits her. Trailing back up to her eyes, I see her looking back at me. I quickly look away. I want to ask her about her tumblr but not while Ally is around.

I sneak another glance up at her at the same time she does and we both look away.

Lauren

Great Camila and her short friend sit right in front of me. I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact that I look like I just rolled out of bed. Which I literally did.

Staying up all night to watch t.v shows wasn't a good idea. My mom came in warning I have five minutes to get ready or be grounded longer. I want my car so I threw on the first set of clothes I can find. Ripped denim jeans and a black top. Couldn't find my boots so I grabbed my old chuck taylors. I also had to leave my beanie behind. My hair is everywhere and It's pissing me off. I still haven't remembered bow ties friends name. I should ask her later. 

I look up again to see her looking at me. She looks good again today. She looks away. Today she has on a blue colored sleeveless collared button up. Some white skinny jeans and flats. Of course that matching bow.

After a good while of stolen glances the bell rings. I go my direction and she goes hers. I must admit she's intimidating.

Camila

Dinah keeps making me laugh during vocal warm up. She's making faces only a mother can love. I can't hold it back anymore and I let a wild fit of laughter. 

"Camila!" Mrs. Lopez says sternly. The class goes quiet and I try to control myself. "S-s sorry." I apologize holding my sides. "Please calm down Camila." She tries again. This time I straighten up and clear my throat. "Here calm yourself, take the attendance down to the office." She waves the paper in the air. I take it and walk out.

I quickly drop the paper in the proper basket. Turning around I'm almost trampled by the security guard and Lauren. He walks her into the office motioning for her to sit. I stay waiting for him to move out of my way.