Time for secret time

Anabelles Pov.

My classes were taking a toll on me. Once first period was over i guess the students gossiped. Just when all my classes all the male studrnts sat in front of the row. I was a bit annoyed but i didnt let it faze me.

School was over i was ready and set to go but i was waiting for Hayley. Just as i about to call her i hear someone knock on my door. I turn around quickly. There she was my protege standing with her hands in her sweater pockets,waiting for me.

"Ready?"  I ask her. She nodded.

We both walk down the empty halls talking about our interesting day in school. She talked to me about meeting a guy named Issac. I think she has a semi crush on him because she couldnt stop talking about him. How he moves or his facial expression i just smile.

As we come out from the back where the school parking lot was at. Thats when she tugged my sweater.

"Thats Issac with Scott and Stiles. I dont know the other which is odd he looks too old to be in this school." I laughed and looked at where Scott was.

That was til i noticed him. I could literally feel my smile disappear instantly when i noticed him. He looked like he was having a brief conversation with Scott. That made me stop my tracks. I was by the steps to walk down but once i noticed he was looking my way he looked at me but i looked quickly pretending i never noticed him.

I walked down the steps. I walk straight towards my car. I hear a few familiar voices coming closer.

"Derek what are you doing?" A female voice who i recognized off the bat.

"Annie?" He spoke my name as if he knew me so long. I froze and i looked behind me. There he stood the man that broke my heart. The man who was my childhood best friend. He gave me a smile that meant he was relieved i was here.

"Its Anabelle for your information. What do you want Derek?" I asked him.

He looked taken back the way i talked to him. Then i noticed Cora looking at me wiyh a huge smile.

"Annabelle i missed you so much. I told you ill find him some way." Cora ran up to me and hugged me.

"What are you talking about Cora?" Derek questioned her.

"Annabelle was the one that saved my life. She was the one that tried to break everybody free. Uncle Peter knew Annabelle was trying to save our family. She pulled out Uncle Peter when he was severly burned." While she informing him of this i look at him. To see the expression in his face. How he thought i didnt care his family was gone. His face looked surprised shock and an ounce of regret.

"I had no idea you tried yo save my family but you saved my sister." He smiled. I nodded. "I only did it because your family was second family." I told him in a coldly tone. "Please excuse me but i have to go.home Scott please get in the car." I looked at him fiercly. He nodded not even wanting to argue with me. He said his goodbyes to his friends even to Derek.

This whole drive was extremely awkward. Til Scott let a low cough."So how did you know Derek?" I just stayed solent but i knew she would tell him either im around or not.

"Derek and my sister were childhood friends once. His family and mine were really close. Til one day -" i had to cut here there before she opened those old wounds.

"Enough Hayley, Ill tell Scott when im ready please. I hope you would be patient because trust me it will worth it." When i parked in the curb i stopped the engine. "Hayley would you let me have a quick word with Scott please." Hayley nodded and walked out. He and i were sitting opposite in the car. I sighed. "Scott i know what its like being around werewolves, but i dont want that for Hayley i want her to be happy. Im scared of her falling for one and all of a sudden she gets her heartbroken trust me i know. Please make her stay out of it. Especially yourself." I looked at him. His jaw clenched.

"Annabelle since you know about werewolves i have to tell you but i am one as well." He looked down. That confession made my heart ache quickly. This cant me not my cousin.

"It happened two years ago the end of the summer. Stiles and i were looking for a dead body which i found out it was Laura Hale." No, not my best friend my sister my secret keeper. "Then i was bit. Later i found out it was Peter Hale that bit me but i later found out til the very end. During those lost times i was trying to figure out how to control my powers. Derek helped me control my anger and control my abilities better. Trust me he  helped me by keeping me sane. I just need to know what happened but either way i will choose you because family sticks together."  I smiled at him and nodded.

"Scott i have to show you something but its our secret sort of."