Oh, Come On!

Jess and Nicki covered their ears as the Thane let out an unearthly scream.

"You'd think he'd never regenerated before," James muttered.

The voice in her head was quite right. Jess could remember her first few times were painful, but she quickly got used to them. And with the Thane's personality, she would be suprised if he hadn't regenerated before.

Nicki fiddled around with a device on her arm, muttering to herself. "He's  going to wake up the whole city, he is."

Annoyed as hell with the unending screams, Jess unleashed a powerful kick to the Thane's head. The screaming instantly stopped. She bent down and swung the glowing body onto her shoulder. she shot Nicki a look and hobbled down the street.

"Where are you going?"

"To find a place away from prying eyes!" She shuffled down to the end of the street, Nicki frantically trying to keep up.

"Wow. You are fast," Nicki wheezed.

"I have to be in order to keep up with my brother all the time."

"Why is he still glowing?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know?"

"He looks funny when he's not fully regenerated... Big ears... OOH! Warehouse! Perfect!"

They rushed inside the run down building and slammed the Thane down. His spine cracked in a horrifying way.

"Let's pretend that didn't happen," Jess whispered to her childhood friend. She nodded in agreement.

"So, where is your other half?"

Jess sighed and leaned against a box. "We were in the vortex, going to visit Mum, when out of nowhere this thing slams into us. My idiot brother let go of me, and we were separated. I landed here, and met this creepy dude. By the way, what plan?"

"Eh?"

"What plan? You shot him in the back and said "Oh! Our plan worked!' What the heck was that?"

"Oh, see, you got sick and tired of him being so sketchy, so we devised this little ruse. He couldn't resist. Especially after you told him what was in the locket."

"But I don't know what's in the locket."

"Of course you don't. Spoilers!"

A few minutes passed as they sat in silence. Even the voices in her head stopped their jabbering. Nicki sighed heavily and blew into her hands to keep them warm.

"What kind of gun was that, anyway?"

"A sonic bazooka. Made it myself."

"Alrighty.."

"Well, I was on a cruise ship for twenty years. What else is a girl supposed to do?"

"Umm... Flirt with the waiters?"

"Ew." Nicki scrunched up her nose in disgust. "You spend way too much time with your brother."

"I don't exactly have a choice. Besides, who's going to keep him out of trouble?"

A few beats went by. Jess stood and paced. "I don't even know why I am helping this guy. He is my apparent enemy!"

"Just think of it as an opportunity for blackmail."

"Oh, come on, Nicki," She laughed. "We aren't THAT childish!"

"I have a camera."

"...Let's do it!"

"You two better not," A familiar voice cut through the air.

They both turned around and clung to eachouther, screaming at the sight that stood before them.The Thane's regeneration looked mighty familiar.

Jess turned to Nicki. "Shoot him! Get rid of that face!"

"We can't! He's still regenerating!"

"I don't care!"

The Thane picked them up by their collars and yelled at them, the familiar voice practically breaking Jess' heart. "What the heck are you two talking about?"

Jess couldn't stand it anymore. She wound up and slapped him as hard as she could.

"Give it back, you unoriginal twit!"

"Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion? What the heck are you talking about?"

"Youare so unoriginal! You seriously couldn't think up of a different form?"

"Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent," Nicki piped in.

"What the heck are you two talking about!"

"Your face! You stole it!"

"What?"

The Thane hadn't realized that he had just taken the form of Jack Daniels-- The Niece's brother. And She was really not happy.