Chapter 5: Club Bound

"Who knew getting dressed up would take so much damn time," Jessica groaned, tossing me my other heel I had somehow left behind.

"Sheesh, can you imagine how awkward I'd look dancing with only one shoe on tonight? I'm sure I'd be the star of the night," I joked, feeling her hand creep upon my shoulder.

She wiggled an eyebrow at me, her lips shooting up into a giant smile, "No need for one shoe just to do that."

I nudged her hard in the side, keeping distance from her counter attack.

"What are you two?" Stephanie cooed, exiting the lobby and coming to our sides, "We're going to a club, not daycare. Quit acting like a bunch of children."

Jess shook her head, placing a finger into the air, "Attention world, queen Steph is coming through. If you have even one hair out of place --"

"You are so ridiculous," Stephanie growled, interrupting her speech, "Just act your age, we're going out to do adult things and it's hard enough trying to make you two act mature."

"Come on guys!" Hannah wailed, waving us over to the car.

"Ok, ok," Jess whined, pulling my arm to follow, "Only if I get shotgun."

"Shotgun?" Stephanie questioned, raising a brow our way, "Really?"

Jess shrugged, "Absolutely."

                                                                                               X    X    X

We arrived at the club in about a half hours time, the place was packed. A few kids from our school were there and they waved our way as we approached.

"I didn't know that this club was so popular," I whispered to Jess, watching a bunch of girls our age enter the club. Jess nodded, pointing to the front doors.

I watched two guys from my math class hovering near the entrance, unfortunately not passing the bouncers test. They seemed outraged, upset they couldn't get through - it was starting to make me queasy.

"IDs," The bouncer protested, jetting a hand out in front of us. We handed them all over, glancing his way to show our faces. He eyed us quickly, narrowing his lids at each of us. Finally he let us through and immediately the sounds of screams and shouts engulfed my ears.

Whiskey and sweat dripped from the ceiling; every breath I took grew thicker and thicker even just mere seconds of being here. How could this place be so alive already? It was barely eleven!

"Wanna take some shots?" Jess screamed, grabbing my arm.

"I don't know," I stammered, my nerves shooting up into a scorching ten once I realized how out of my comfort zone I was.

"Alright guys, we don't leave each others' sight okay? And if you're going to, make sure it's in TWO'S," Steph spoke, enunciating her last word clearly.

"Just four shots," Jess leaned over the counter, baring everything for the bartender, "Something quick and easy."

He nodded, his eyes never leaving hers once she finally turned around.

"Free shots?" Stephanie asked.

"No," Jessica answered with a laugh, "I tried!"

Finally he came back, sliding us a few small glasses. We all reached for one, dropping them back with giant sour faces.

"That's fucking gross," Jess growled, sliding the shot glass back towards the bartender.

"Four more?" Hannah motioned, smiling brightly.