Chapter 7: Leave Me Be

I told Jessica everything, from Jesse capturing my thoughts to him stealing my bracelet. She was just about as confused as I, we were clueless as to his sudden interest in me. I didn't know what to do, everything about my life right now was spiraling out of control...how could I make things normal again?

The things I was accusing this guy of, they were literally 'unnatural' and crazy. How could I even begin to explain this to anyone but Jessica?

"Well, I think the only way we could figure this out is if we go see him tonight," Jess huffed, "His party?"

I smiled, "Ok, do I really want to go to this guy's party after he just pulled a crazy on me?"

Jess laughed, flipping out her phone.

"Lets meet up at six," She added, getting up from me, "I think Hannah and Steph are both still in class till then."

I sighed, "So what am I supposed to do about this Jesse situation? I can't just show up at his party tonight and act natural...I'm freaked out."

I rolled my eyes, slapping my palm against my forehead. This was just getting too dramatic.

Jess spun around, "Just try and talk to him about it tonight, maybe he'll be more inclined to talk with you after he's had a few drinks."

"Or he'll be full of rage and try to steal other things off of me," I finished.

Jess narrowed her eyes, "If some demon trouble-maker wants to hurt you tonight, then you better let  him know he has to go through me first. No one is going to steal anything off of you, Mandie."

I groaned, pulling out heaps of clothing from beside my bed to distract me. Even though I had a fully functioning washer and dryer, my clean clothes never got folded. They just laid in a pile on my floor and to be honest, I didn't think I'd ever grow out of it.

"Should I wear jeans or a skirt?" I ignored my mind, standing up to join her by our closet.

"Jeans for sure, those skinny black ones you always wear."

I nodded, reaching for them in the back, "Shoes?"

Instead of answering, she threw a pair of black heels my way, "Casual, but seductive."

I smirked, smiling excitedly at the shoes, "If we drink tonight and I'm in these heels, you need to carry me home."

"Hell no, I'd probably make it two steps!" She concluded, shooting a wink my way.

"Ok, I'm going to get dressed and then let's head over," I mused, running a few fingers through my hair.

"Fifteen minutes!" She shouted, as her voice rang through the hallway.

I slipped into my jeans, wiping off my day old make-up to apply a fresh face and threw on a red cardigan. I spent the next few minutes going from hairstyle to hairstyle, for some reason doing my hair was never my strong point.

"Don't mind me," Jessica flung her hands into the air, running through my bathroom to borrow my jewelry, "Let's get outta here before we change again."

We both laughed, finishing up our looks before running out into the lobby and out the back doors. We met up with Hannah and Steph early before going to the party and immediately Hannah ran up to my side.

"No disappearing on us tonight?" She smiled, linking arms with me as we approached.

I smiled back and then felt weasy, I knew she was referencing the other night at the club. I bit my lip, if only she knew how close I was to actually disappearing for the whole night.