Chapter 11: Nightmares

"H-hi," I stumbled, tripping over my words.

"Can I come in?" He asked gruff, his dark eyes beaming against the dirty brown of his hair. Slowly I watched his gaze lower, taking me in as I stood silently before him.

"No," I breathed, hearing my best friends rustle with books behind me. I knew they were all listening and it all didn't click with me until Stephanie spoke.

"We're going to head to bed, Mands. See you in the morning."

I turned around, giving them the biggest look of disapproval ever. How could they leave me alone with this guy? I couldn't be too upset at them, considering they didn't know what Ryan had warned me of, but seriously?

"Well I need to speak with you, so you can either come outside or I'm coming in," He teased with a grin, dipping his hands into his leather jacket.

I held my breath, "Can't you just speak to me right here?"

"No," He answered quickly, standing a good two feet taller then me, "Just come talk to me?"

His eyes narrowed down at me, quickly observing what I was wearing.

"If you're in the middle of something, I can wait," He finally said, looking over my shoulders and into the apartment.

I smirked, all by accident. I had no idea who he thought was maybe in my room right now, but I could assure him it was just me and my stuffed animals.

"I'm alone," I told him, watching his eyes scower all over me.

"Mmm," He announced, a certain humor in his eyes.

"Look," I stammered, "I can meet you down in the study room, just give me five minutes and I'll be down there."

He studied me eagerly, possibly looking for any sign of hesitation on my end.

"Hurry," He demanded, turning around to walk down the hallway, "I won't have any problem getting back in here without your permission."

"Yeah," I felt my voice drift off as he finally turned the corner. Was he kidding?

I slammed the door, turning around quickly to press my back up against it as I took a deep breath. This was really happening, I was really about to go meet Jesse in a room...an empty room. Was I even going to make it out alive?

"Jessicaaaa," I griped, gritting my teeth as I made my way to her room, "Jesse just asked, or more so demanded that I meet him to talk. What the hell am I supposed to do?"

Jessica looked up, her weary eyes meeting mine.

"Do you need me to go with you?" She asked, coming over to whisper.

"No! I just don't know what to do. Ryan specifically asked me NOT to be around him and then he shows up ten minutes later! Is this a test?" I screamed under my breath, throwing my hands up.

"Ok, ok, ok," Jess soothed, handing my her phone, "Keep this on you. My phone has a GPS on it, so if anything happens I'll be able to find you."

"That's it?" I asked, "That's the big plan if he decides to kill me instead of let me come home on my own accord?"

"Mandie, what am I supposed to do if you won't let me come with you?" She argued, "The only thing I can do is listen out for your thoughts and hope they don't get shut off."

My breathing froze with her comments and suddenly her eyes grew huge, "Oh my gosh, I didn't mean that. I really didn't mean to say that out loud."

"Jess, what? What are you even saying?" I prodded, taking her phone.