Chapter 16: Sorry, Not Sorry

SHAUN'S POINT OF VIEW

        As I made my way down the stairs in Kendra's building, I began to convince myself that it wasn't my fault that I put my hands on a female. If it wasn't for Kendra giving me all that damn attitude, I wouldn't have even touched her.

        When I arrived downstairs, I sat in my car with my hands on the steering wheel and my head down. In the back of my mind, I knew for sure the baby was mine. I just was too afraid to admit it. I was too damn young to be a father.

        I started up the car and sped home, over the speed limit. At this point I didn't care if I died in a wreck or got caught by the police. 

        After fifteen minutes I pulled up to my house and went inside. I walked straight into Anthony's room and he sat right up in bed.

"Yo, you can't knock bro!?"

"Yo Anthony, I'm in a fucked up situation."

"Why you coming to me? Do I look like Dr. Phil to you?"

        I was pacing back and fourth in front of Anthony's bed and he was pissing me off because he always wanted to crack jokes when I was being serious.

"I'm being for real, you gotta help me."

"Man, stop walkin' back and fourth, lookin' like you in a marchin' band. Sit your ass down, you're makin' me dizzy."

        I sat down on the edge of his bed, but my back was faced to him. I didn't want to look at him face to face.

"If I tell you this, it has to stay between us."

"Yo, you actin' like we a couple. Just say it, I don't got all damn day."

"You know how Ken has been avoiding me?"

"Yeah..."

"Its cause she's pregnant."

"Dang! Chopstick havin' a baby? Nah, you lyin'!"

"Nah, and its mine too."

"What the fuck? Yo, you lyin'."

        Anthony hopped off his bed and was standing in front of me. He had his hands on my shoulders and he was shaking me back and fourth.

"I'm dead serious."

"Wow, yo that's crazy. I know you scared."

"I know that and of course I'm scared."

"How you gonna get a job? You can't afford no baby. You used up most of your parents money on stupid shit."

"Man, shut up!"

        I got up off the bed and started choking Anthony. I don't know why, but hearing about this baby was making me get physical with everyone

        I realized what I was doing and let go. Anthony was holding his throat and coughing. When he stopped coughing, he pushed me onto his queen sized bed in the center of the room and started punching me all over.

        When he stopped, he stood in front of his bed and we were both breathing heavily.

"You come up in my room for help, and end up tryna kill me!? Man, forget you!"

"Yo my bad I'm just trippin'."

"I don't care! You don't start choking me cause you're stressin' out!"

        I was laying on my back, on Anthony's bed and my eyes were closed.

"I accidentally put my hands on Kendra..."

"Man, what the hell is wrong with you!?" 

"It was because I got scared of the fact that I'll be a father."

"It doesn't matter! Why would you put your hands on her!?"

"I got scared! I'm not ready to take care of no baby!"

        I was now sitting up in the bed and me and Anthony were having a yelling match.

"Bro, you got some major issues. I don't know why you wanted chopstick anyway. She aint even all that. Now you're stuck with her for life."