Weightless Lullabies | Chapter 12

I just want to say, this is super long. Most of this chapter was inspired from Kings and Queens by 30 seconds to Mars and Too Much by All Time Low

Spencer Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/spencer_rae_12/set?id=15483354

Date Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/spencer_rae_12_date/set?id=15539307

Vote and Comment

xoxo Natasha <3

"You have a date?!" Susan screamed into the phone. She was still on vacation with Cole, so I was using my cell phone instead of the house phone due to the long distance.

It was just after eleven and I had just come back from picking up my dad from the bar. The owner had called, as usual, and told me to come and pick him up. All the way home I had to hear his drunken slurs of how useless I was.

"Yeah." I replied. "I don't know what came over me. One minute I was asking him if he had seen Jason around my locker, then I was hugging him, and then I sent him a text saying 'yes'."

"Oh honey." she cooed. "You probably said yes because despite that fact that he teased you for four years, you know he is a good guy. That and you need to get a new boyfriend who isn't like Jason...or your father."

"Yeah, maybe. But I couldn't tell him where I would like to have gone today." I told her. "I had gotten a black eye yesterday and I told him how I got it from a kickboxing class, so I avoided him and his friends the whole day until Alex came asking for a ride home."

"I can not wait until you turn eighteen and come and live with us." Susan sighed into the phone. "At least you seem to be making friends there. Even if it is in your senior year."

I smiled ruefully. "I don't really want to make friends, if I will be leaving in a few months there would be no point."

"Honey, just try. They don't seem too bad."

"Yeah, alright. Well I have to go, I have homework to finish."

"Before you go," Susan said, stopping me from hanging up. "Cole and I bought you something from Costa Rica."

"What was it?" I sighed. I loved that they got me things, but sometime they spoiled me. "I know I sound ungrateful, but you guys buy me too many things."

"Oh hush." she reprimanded. "We got you a new acoustic guitar and a new electric one, since your father broke the ones we gave to you."

"Oh, thanks so much Susan." I exclaimed into the phone. "I'll come by later in the week...bye."

Susan said goodbye and hung up. I got up from my bed, grabbed my backpack, and walked to my desk. I wanted to finish all the homework I had for economics, it was the biggest homework load that I had. Within two hours I had finished everything for economics and then moved on to calculus.

By the time I was done all my homework, it was already three in the morning. I yawned and got up from my desk. I stripped out of my clothes and promptly passed out on my bed.

Apparently Alex had told Rian and Jack that the kickboxing thing was true, because Jack didn't try to bother me about it in English today and neither did Lisa. The day had gone by pretty fast, I was in study hall and just hoping that the school day would go by slower. I didn't want to have to go home. I wasn't sure what would be waiting for me there, it could be my dad angry and drunk or Jason.

I was still scared stiff by Jason's little notes. To anyone else they would have been sweet or just a little weird. But I knew that when he said he wanted me back, he meant it and would get me back. No matter what it took.