Weightless Lullabies | Chapter 22

Sorry for the absence. I just realized that I haven written up to chapter 25 and have only posted up to chapter 21.

I'll try and post more during the summer, but I can't really promise much, I have summer school but I will try my hardest.

Vote and Comment

xoxo Natasha <3

"Hey baby." Cole said, he gave me a hug and kiss on the forehead. "Where are your friends? I thought you were inviting them. Susan was excited to meet them, especially your new boyfriend."

I pursed my lips. "They're not coming. We're not friends anymore, nor am I dating Jack any longer."

"What happened." he asked, concerned.

"Let's go inside." I said avoiding the question. "I want to see everyone."

"Alright," he said reluctantly. "Come on."

I knew that he wanted to know what went wrong, but I also knew that he would respect my decision to not tell him about it. If I told him, or Susan, they would come back with me and chew out Jack. I didn't want that, what he did still hurt, but I wouldn't sick Susan and Cole on anyone.

When we reached the backyard, Susan came over to me and hugged me. She asked me the same thing that Cole had, and I told her the same thing I had told Cole. She knew something had happened between us, and unlike Cole, she was going to pester me until I told her, but I knew it wouldn't be now.

"Well, it's too bad that Jack and your friends couldn't make it." Susan said, pursing her lips. "Come with me, there are some people that would like to meet you."

"Who?" I inquired. "I already know everyone here, unless your friend Carol has another grandchild."

"No, no." she said. "You'll remember them, just come."

"Okay."

She led me past all the children playing tag, people talking, and Cole, we reached the gazebo and there were a few guys around my age just talking, with beer in their hands. They looked up when they saw us approaching, one guy started to smile when we approached.

"Boys, I would like to reintroduce my daughter, Spencer." Susan announced.

"Hey," they said.

"Hi," I said shyly.

There were at four guys sitting there and they were all ridiculously attractive. Two of the four were blond, brothers I think, they had the same green eyes and nose. One was African-American, his hair was in corn-rows, but when I saw his eyes I realized he must only be half, his eyes were a deep green. The last guy, was the one that had smiled at me, he had brown hair and blue eyes. They were all wearing Princeton jackets, and jeans.

"I'm going to leave you here to catch up." Susan said.

"What do you mean, catch up?" I asked her. "I have never met these guys."

They all began to laugh, I was pretty sure that it was at me, and I didn't get what was so funny. I don't remember any other these people.

"I should have known that you wouldn't." Susan said, reprimanding herself. She started to point them out and name them "This is Tyler and Kyle, Jared, and Yale. They were your best friends when you were living with us, you never did anything without them."

"Yeah, Spence." Tyler teased. "How can you not remember your best friends? And boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" I said incredulously. "I don't have a boyfriend, anymore."

"Of course you do," Jared laughed. "He's right here."

Jared put his arm around Yale, who began to blush.