23.

Tara

"You like this?" I asked Kai holding up a dress for her.

"No." She shook her head.

"I don't know why you have my daughter in this store anyways." August mumbled, typing away on his phone.

"In case you haven't noticed she's three years old. Hence, why we're in Baby Gap." I said in a duh tone.

"Can we go there?" She pointed at the Gucci store across the mall.

"No." I told her.

She walked up to August pouting, "Daddy."

He looked at me making me raise and eyebrow, daring him to say otherwise.

"You're mom said no." He told her.

She stomped her foot with a frown on her face, "But I don't want these clothes."

"I honestly don't care what you want because it's not up to you. You're going to get what I buy and you'll happily wear it." I glanced over at her then back at the rack of clothing.

"Ugh." She huffed.

"Kailani I'm telling you right now not to make me embarrass you in this store. Don't try me today." I warned.

She began crying, holding her arms out to August. Of course he picked her up, babying her like always.

"Stop babying her because she's starting to act like a spoiled brat. It's your fault." I rolled my eyes, waddling out of the store.

"How is it my fault?" August caught up to me.

"Because you always give her what she wants. Grow a pair and tell her no." We wen into the parking garage.

"There you go with that bitching, shut the fuck up sometimes. You're always running your damn mouth." He spat, putting Kai in the car.

August and I have been getting into a lot of arguments as my pregnancy had been progressing. I'm honestly over it now. We argue over everything and the stress isn't good for me.

"Yeah, well you act like a bitch." I retorted, getting in the passenger seat as he started the car.

"Watch your mouth, Tara." He warned.

"Watch yours." I folded my arms.

"Those hormones are really fucking with you." He mumbled.

"No, it's all you. Take me home."

"I am."

"My home." I said angrily, huffing.

"Gladly, you getting on my damn nerves." He didn't bother looking over at me.

"The feeling is mutual."

August

"You thinking about calling it quits?" Chris asked after I told him everything that has been going on between Tara and I.

I sighed, "I don't know man, I love her but this shit is stressful."

"It's just the hormones. You'll get use to it rookie." He joked.

"But it's never been like this in her earlier months."

"How would you feel if you were three months away from having a human being coming out of your pussy. I'd be pissed too." He took a pre rolled blunt out of his end table and lit it.