Prologue

ALYA'S POV

Kick. Slap. Repeat.

Those are the words that must be going through my attackers' heads as I lay here curled up on the cold school floor. The first time this happened I tried to fight it, tried to scream. Now I know it's no use. I accept each hit, and squeeze my eyes shut as I grasp the familiar feeling of severe pain piercing my body.

"C'mon man let's go." One of them says, sounding almost bored.

My hair is violently yanked one last time, before they drop me back to the floor and walk away. Crimson-colored blood coats the tips of my hair, and drips down my back as my shaking arms push myself off the ground. Pain spreads itself throughout my body, and becomes more excruciating with each step.

My eyelids are begging to close, but I know I can't pass out now. They'll get me again. I grab the wall for stability as I continue to trudge along to the glass doors at the entrance.

My mom doesn't say anything as I fall into the backseat of her car with a now prominent black eye. She never says anything. She continues to reapply her cherry red lipstick until she knows it's a deep enough shade to grab the attention of one of her many lovers besides my father.

She then proceeds to drive me home and I drag myself up the stairs to my room. Once my body makes contact with the mattress, I hear screaming coming from downstairs.

Fighting again probably. Maybe this time they'll finally get a divorce.

My phone buzzes and I check to see that it's from Bianca, my only friend. She asks how I'm doing, and I say I'm fine. I always say I'm fine.

A/N

Hey guys! I know this prologue was really depressing but I promise the actual story will be a lot more lighthearted. This just kind of set the background as to why Alya doesn't sing anymore, because she's just kind of broken, but she's good at hiding it. I hope you guys enjoyed this prologue and will continue to read this story as I publish more chapters, because I'm really excited and I have lots of good ideas for this. Please let me know what you guys think, and I hope you all have a wonderful day! (: