14

ALYA'S POV

Hot tears cloud my vision as I walk home from school. All I can think about is how I messed up. I've messed up before, but this time it feels different. Maybe it's because I ended up hurting someone I have feelings for. Maybe it's because I may have ruined my chance with them. I don't know anymore.

I didn't even bother to try asking Miles for a ride, I know he would say no. Crap, I really messed up this time. And now that Austin's out of the picture, I can finally admit it to myself. I really really like Miles. Like a lot. But none of that matters now, Miles is still with Julie and after what I just pulled this morning there's no way he would ever leave her for me.

After about an hour of walking in the freezing cold, I finally arrive home. The house is silent when I walk into the living room, and it feels empty and cold. I shakily make my way up the stairs, as I know what I'm about to do won't be easy, but it needs to be done.

"Miles?" I ask as I timidly knock on his locked door.

"Who is it?" He calls back.

"It's... Alya."

It's quiet for a few seconds, and I think he's going to just leave me hanging until I hear a sigh, and eventually the door opens.

"What do you want?" He asks.

I take a look at him. His hair is messy, his eyes are red and swollen, and he has huge eye bags. Even though he kind of looks like a wreck, he's still really hot. I audibly gulp once I realize he doesn't have a shirt on.

"I uh... Can we talk?" I ask with difficulty.

"Fine." He replies with a sigh.

He leads me into his room, and I sit at his desk while he sits on top of his bed. I'm trying to think of what to say, but it's hard to focus when his bulging six pack is practically staring at me.

"Miles, you were right." I say.

"About...?"

"Austin."

"Oh. How'd you figure it out?"

"I caught him kissing some whore today at lunch."

"Well at least now you know. Now I really think you should just lea-"

"No Miles. Please just listen to me. I'm really sorry. I was a complete bitch this morning, I know. I shouldn't have talked to you or Bianca like that. I guess I was just kind of blind from how awful Austin was, because the only thing I could focus on was the fact that someone actually liked me."

"Why is it so hard to believe someone could have feelings for you?"

"Are you kidding? Look at me, I'm a freak who can't sing. Like you said this morning."

"Alya, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have said that. But honestly, it's not that hard for someone to have feelings for you. You're gorgeous, talented, and you have a fun personality. You're practically perfect. There's lots of guys that wish they could date you, myself included. Uhh- crap! I uhh I didn't mean it like that. I mean you're a really great friend, yeah."