Chapter 23

(Kelsey's parents)

(Kelsey's parents)

"Care to tell me what the fuck is going on?"  I snapped to the two adulterers that still hadn't noticed my presence.  They broke apart like they were about to have a heart attack.  JJ went over to stand in front of her, like a knight in shining armor.  How cute.

    Realization washed over their faces once they saw it was me and Simon, followed by a relax stance.  That infuriated me more, as if this was allowed to happen right in front of me.  "I'm waiting..."  Simon placed his hands on my arms, I didn't notice how tensed up I was. 

    "Listen Kells, there's a lot of things you don't know," JJ started.

    "Obviously."

    "Me and JJ, we were young when we noticed our feelings for each other, but we want two different lifestyles.  Jide is a star, always moving around and I want a stable family."

    Analeigh's explanation wasn't doing anything to to calm down my temper.  If anything I was more furious that this was the first time I was hearing about this.  "So, what?  You thought your wedding day would be a good day to have goodbye sex?"

    "Don't be so judgmental," JJ shot back.

    "Oh that's rich coming from you!  All this time you're the one telling me everything I've been doing wrong and now that you did the shittiest thing to my own blood.  You were literally just yelling at me for not telling my family about Simon, should I tell them about you two?" 

    "No!"  Everyone should in unison, even Simon.

    My eyes rolled and I started walking toward the door.  "Of course I'm not going to, bur get your fucking shit together Analeigh.  If there's one thing I learned, second guessing the obvious choice only leads to disappointment."

    Heels clacked on the polished floor that was beginning to annoy me from how pristine it was.  Like it had never been walked on a day in its life, if only something could be so fortunate.  All day long JJ was lecturing me and making me feel like shit and then goes round to do that.  Sometimes It's like he's not my best friend anymore.  He yells at me any chance he gets and the more he yells the more I distance myself.  There were times I called Freya, Cal, or Vik before talking to Jide because they knew how to be my friend.  It upset me.  Obviously JJ meant the world to me, and then some but whatever weird thing we were going through, it was killing me.

    Things used to be so easy between us.  When it was only me and Jide, we never fought.  I could be completely wrong and he'd still love me.  That not how it is recently, even when I wasn't anything wrong, it wasn't right.  I wanted to go back to the best friend I could lay down with all day talking about useless shit.

    Footsteps echoes after me, immediately I figured it was Simon, he was the only one to come for me anymore.  "Kelsey, please wait."

    It had to be JJ, probably ready to shout at me for being rash with my cousin.  "No thanks, if I want to be scolded I'll look for my parents."