To Forget and Forgive

Y/N's POV
Slender stared at me for what seemed like forever.
"What do you mean child?" He asked slowly.
"I- I saw her tonight." My voice cracked as tears threatened to spill. I never thought my old life would come back to haunt me.
"What do you wish to do?
I hesitated. " I want to... speak with her." I decided.
"Alright. It is your mother, we will not interfere unless necessary."
"Thank you." I nodded before leaving the room.
I headed down the hallway toward my bedroom. Once I got there, I paced back and forth creating a plan. I had to be careful about this. I mean it was my mother after all and I hadn't see her in forever. What if... what if she didn't remember me? The thought struck me like a bullet to the head. I collapsed on my bed. Laying back I let my eyes pull me into the abyss, only just realising how tired I was.

~Time skip~
The moon shone bright through my window and I pushed myself up. It took me a minute to recall the day's events but went I did I became wide awake. I got up and took a quick shower before changing into (clothes of choice). My heart pounded as I set out on my journey. I wasn't sure if I was ready to face my past but I couldn't miss this opportunity. I walked down the street and arrived at her house. My mind was racing at a million miles per second and I forced my legs to walk up to the door. With a shaky hand, I rapped on the door. Shuffling could be heard inside and I realised this was actually happening. I heard a click and the door opened with me facing her.
"Mom?" I whispered.

============================
Guys I am so so sorry for my absence and I will explain it in an authors note that will be posted after this.