(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #6 : Purifying what was once Pure

File 2: Haunted Carnival

#6: Purifying what was once Pure 

NARU'S POV

"Don't they absolutely look cute together?" I heard Bou-san whisper to Yazuhara and they both snickered.

"Will both of you get back to work?!" I scowled at them and they scrambled to their workplace. Today was the day that we were going to purify the carnival so that no more tengus or unexpected haunting tribes. Actually this is just for show. The carnival possessed no threat whatsoever because the Shiowa Clan had left little traces of their spiritual energy that I can get. 

 "Mmm. . Naru. ." I heard Mai say my name and I looked at her and saw her wide eyes staring right at me. She was taken aback and crawled backwards away from me. Like she saw a ghost. 

"I'm sorry!!!" She said while kneeling to the floor. I just looked at her with a stoic expression on my face and I shooed her away. 

"Get back to work. You sleep like a hog. ." I told her and she flushed red in anger. She puffed her cheeks and slammed my big black notebook on my head. Which was a bit to affectionate. 

"I do not sleep like a HOG! You narcissistic KAZUYA!!" She called me by my Japanese Name and I just smirked at her which made her blush. Typical Mai. 

"Stupid narcissistic jerk" she said under her breath and walked away. I looked at her back and I actually smiled. She was too cute for her own good. 

It was finally time to purify this carnival once and for all. Bou-san was at the front entrance with his tokossho, the ones accompanying him are me and Mai. On the west side was John and Gene, on the east side was Ayako and Masako, and lastly on the south side was Koujo and Yazuhara. Each of us was accompanied by each and every director of the carnival.

"Okay people. Please proceed. ." I signaled them and I heard Bou-san's mantra, Ayako's Sutra, John's prayer, and Koujo's spell flowing in the air. We have practiced this multiple purification over the past three years and this is the first time it had perfect harmony. I smiled a bit because of the success it had.

"Beautiful. ." Mai suddenly said as I looked at her and floating light orbs surrounded her and was coming near her face like it was kissing her cheek. She giggled and let the spirit orb flow free. All the Director's faces were shocked but I was still staring at Mai. She was beautiful. .

'Naru stop staring at her she's gonna melt. .' Gene suddenly said in my mind and I jolted him with psychic energy.

'That hurts.' Gene said and I just rolled my eyes. I looked at Mai and saw that she was looking at me as well. She went towards me still looking at me and stood in front.

"What?" I asked and she smiled and suddenly....

SHE KISSED ME ON THE LIPS.

I suddenly froze at where I was standing as she took a step back and suddenly crashed to the floor. A little white orb excited her body and went up. What the?!?! She was possessed?!?! Suddenly I noticed something. Her skirt was lifted up a bit and I covered my mouth and looked away to stop myself from looking.

I'am a CERTIFIED PERVERT . . .  and it had to be Mai.

I took of my coat and wrapped it around Mai. I carried her bridal style and went to the van. I put her gently on the seat and sat beside her putting her head on my lap. The purification is done and I'll let them clean up.

"Naru. ." Mai said and I looked at her. Was she always dreaming about me? I looked at her lips and I stopped myself. I rubbed my temple and leaned my head on the head rest. I touched my lips and could still feel the tingly feeling of hers. .

God. . I'm such a pervert.

GENE'S POV

"Where's Naru and Mai??" I asked Bou-san as we assembled at the front entrance. The directors were thanking Koujo because Naru was missing.

"They were here a while ago." Bou-san said and I sighed. Those two have gone missing what the heck are they doing. I smiled at my train of thought. I went towards the van and opened it only to be greeted with a sleeping Naru and Mai. Mai was sleeping on the lap of Naru while he had his hands over her hand that was on her stomach. I put out my phone and took a picture. They really are so cute together.

"Gene!" Masako said and I turned around to see my most favorite girl in the entire world. She hugged me and looked around me and her mouth formed an O.

"They're so cute right?" I asked her and she nodded smiling up at me. I caressed her cheek and kissed her forehead. She giggled a bit and I smiled at her.  She was so cute. Her hair was down but I put it in a ponytail.

"I like it like this. ." I said and she blushed. She's really just utterly beautiful.

"Shut up. ." I suddenly heard someone say and saw Naru glaring at me. My sweat dropped because the temperature suddenly became cold.

"Sorry for disturbing your sleep with Mai over there. ." I said and he shot me with psychic energy, wasn't expecting that.

"Shut it you idiot. ." He said and went back to sleep. He really must like having Mai near him.

These two are so cute together .