File 5 : New Ex-Mate #5 : Please wake up

#5 : Please wake up

NARU'S POV

"Mai.. Mai wake up damn it!" I said as I slapped her face lightly in hopes to wake her up. Her bruises were being healed by the doctors and Gene was resting on one of the beds with his arm over his eyes. He had told Masako and the others to get out for awhile but Masako refused to but he just said to get out in a more forceful way which led to a small argument in between the two.. Now, Gene was sulking.. Which wasn't really his forte. I'm not used to him being so quiet.

I held Mai's hand and passed energy to her. It worked but she just wouldn't wake up. Please wake up Mai.. Please.. I need you..

"Naru.. Stop crying.. It's so not you" I heard Gene said and I felt the wetness my cheek had. I just shook my head laughing just a bit.

"Yeah.. and being quiet isn't you either. Go make up with Masako or something. Kiss her till she can't breathe.. You don't know when she'll be gone" I said to him and that seemed to put some sense into him. He rushed out of the room with a determined look. Yeah, Gene you're finally maturing even though you are older than me by a minute.

I looked at Mai and kissed her forehead.

"Mai. I love you.." I told her and my eyelids felt so heavy. Sleep overtook me and darkness had engulfed my sight.

GENE'S POV

"Masako!!" I searched for her in the cafeteria, in the other room but she wasn't here. Where are you Masako?! where?!?

"Gene!" I heard my name being called and saw Yasuhara. I gave him a 'what' look and he smiled.

"If you're looking for Masako, she's at the garden just outside the hospital." he said and I nodded my thanks to him. I ran outside the December air and saw Masako sitting on the floor crying. Her fluffy fur shawl covering her shoulders. I went near her and pulled her up.

"G-Gene?!" She said and without further ado I kissed her. Her sweet lips molded against and I just wanted to kiss her senselessly. I wrapped my hands around her waist as I felt her hands on my neck pulling us closer together. I didn't want to let her go. She was the only thing left in my world and I want to be hers and hers alone. God, I sound like a love struck teenager. We kissed for just minutes but it felt like eternity. She felt so light, fitting into my arms like the perfect piece to the puzzle. I let her go both of us breathing so hard. Her lips were cherry red from our previous lip locking and I can't help my self but to kiss her again.

"I love you Masako.. I'm sorry. I've been an idiot.. I love you.." I said to her as I put my forehead against hers. Fresh tears had filled her eyes and I wiped them away.

"Gene.." she whispered my name like a litany and it felt so good. I pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you.." I said to her and she cried into my chest.

"I love you too.." she sobbed and I smiled while sighing. Now, we need to focus on the matter at hand.

Will Mai survive this?

ARIA'S POV

"How is it Aria?" Naru asked me holding onto Mai's hand.

"Her aura's still there as well as the twins but it seems that her consciousness is struggling. Like it's been locked away and she's trying to fight it. This is a fight that only she can conquer by herself and this is just a waiting game for us. Whether she will survive or not, is up to her" I told him and the grip he had on her hand tightened.

"Is there no way to save her?" John asked hugging Aria's waist while resting his head on top of hers.

"There is actually but it's a two-man journey, one being me." Aria said pointing to herself. "And the other one is Gene" she said and I tensed.

"Why Gene?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I knew you'd ask that." she said. "Well, Naru.. Gene has almost the same abilities as Mai except for the unconscious astral projection he can do, so most likely their powers complement each other and their energy wavelengths have almost the same forces. As I told you, I see auras as visible lights and I could see openings into one's mind. I can open up a passage into her spirit but due to your contrasting wavelengths Gene is the much more preferred person to travel into her mind. I know that you want to save her and I do too. But we need to think about her safety as well as the babies." I explained to him and he sighed.

"Fine.." grumbling he stared off into space and I knew he was contacting his brother.

"Yeah.. Okay.." Naru said and he looked at us with his stoic face again. Creepy guy. He held Mai's hand and suddenly fainted. Gene appeared by him and I knew for one that he used Naru's body as a catalyst to transport his astral projected body here. Laziness has its perks when you're a psychic.

"Hello Gene the Lazy lord" I said and he chuckled.

"Hey, it's not my fault. I'm outside with Masako and Naru was in such a hurry. so what the biz?" he asked and I nodded my head to Mai.

"We are going inside her head yet again. We need to release her." I said to him and he nodded and I turned to John.

"John.. can you ask Bou-san to carry Gene's body inside it's freezing out there and this might take days.. please?" I asked him and he nodded getting out of the room. I laid Naru on the sofa away from Mai just a moment.

"Naru will be unconscious the same time as us because I'm using him as a catalyst to hold my energy together." Gene said and I nodded putting both my index and middle finger together while the others are folded.

"Ready?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"Sure go right ahead kami-ojou-sama (Ms. God)" he said and I chuckled before concentrating.

"Ketsu!!" I put a barrier around Mai, me, and Gene. No one would be able to come in here. I sat down on the chair and began the ritual.

"O, seed of life.. bring forth thy mind and unwind it from its lock. Open" I said as I put my hand on Mai's forehead, Gene hold my other hand and together we were engilfed into her dark mind. I hope we find Mai soon or else we might be too late..

MASAKO'S POV

It's been three days.. Three days since they travelled into her mind. Three days of no sleep for all of us. They were fighting for Mai.. I don't know why but I feel jealous.. I know Gene loves me.. Yes.. but why do they care so much about Mai? I know the reason. I'm just in denial.

Mai is a very sweet girl, she smiles in everything she does and her cute blushes is what made the whole team love her I admit I was jealous of her due to the fact that Naru paid much attention to her and Gene was always with her even when he was in suspended death. They both know each other way more than Gene and I do.

I shook my head keeping my unnecessary thoughts away.

They will come back.. and when Gene comes back I will kiss him senselessly.

So please hurry up..

HURRY!

~~~~~~~~~~~