(File 4 : Ghostly House #1 : Ticket to Abroad)

------------------

File 4: Ghostly House

#1: Ticket to Abroad

NARU'S POV

"Congratulations on your engagement you two!" Gene said engulfing both of us in a hug. I pushed him off of us as I glared at him. He's so not hugging my fiancee ever again.

"Don't touch her" I scowled at him and he just laughed.

"Over-protective idiotic scientist." He said as he sulked at the corner with Masako patting his back in a comforting way.

"Naru stops being like that to your older brother" Mai scolded me and pinched my cheeks. I winced a bit but stayed monotonous. Heck, she's siding with my brother more than her fiance.

"I hate you," I said jokingly and she froze on spot. Her eyes basked in anxiety and fear. Did I get her scared? No. No please don't be

"I-I'm s-sorry Naru... I-I'm sorry" she said with tears brimming in her eyes and she ran away.

"Mai, wait!" I tried to follow her but was stopped.

"What did you do you, idiotic scientist?!" Gene said to me as he grabbed my collar.

"Hey! I did nothing wrong!" I said in my defense. Hey, I really did nothing wrong!

"Then why is she crying? Maybe she took it seriously. Too much I might add... You should go makeup with her before she ends up breaking off your marriage even if you haven't even started a day yet" Gene said and I nodded. Hell, would I want to break up our marriage?

"Mai?" I looked around her office but saw no one. I walked inside and heard the toilet flushing. Out came Mai in her most beautiful dress that I'd ever seen. She was shocked to see me inside her office. Her eyes showed the same anxiety and fear as she did a while ago.

"Hey, come here" I cooed to her to come closer as I spread my arms out ready to engulf her in a hug, and without a second thought, she went to embrace me.

"Naru... I'm scared.." she said to me and I sighed.

"I love you okay? Don't be scared... Please... I love you and that won't change... Even if hordes of supernatural beings came to our door I will always and forever protect and love you Mai.." I said as I kissed her forehead.

"But.. I'm scared... That you might not accept them.." she said and I was confused. Who am I not going to accept?

"What are you saying, Mai??" I asked her and she looked up at me her eyes glittered with anxiousness. She looked down and I saw her caressing her stomach. My eyes jolted open as I realized who they were.

"M-Mai... Y-You're.." I stuttered and she nodded again.

"Oh, God! Thank you!!" I said as I twirled her around and kissed her soft lips. My lungs almost ran out of air as I clung to her kissing her so passionately. She smiled in the kiss and hugged me tighter tangling her hands into my hair. We hungrily lip-locked each other as my hands encircled her waist clutching her as if my life depended on it.

"I love you so much, Mai... I really do.."

"I forgot to mention their twins.." she said and I was beside myself in shock. We were going to have twins?!? That's so much more I could ever ask for! I pulled her tighter as I laughed.

"Thank you, Mai... Thank you for being the angel I've ever wanted... Thank you" I said and she smiled the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on her face.

Everything is just going perfectly.

"Umm, I hate to break ya maties love fest but we got an email and it's pretty interesting" Gene suddenly interrupted while using a pirate's voice which was pretty weird.

I put Mai down much to my dismay and went to the computer to look at the email. It was from someone who was in the Philippines. The Philippines.

"Lin, could you search up the Philippines' occult and paranormal stuff? I want to get a closer look at their paranormal cultures." Lin gave me a silent nod and proceeded to tap away on his computer. I'm sorry Lin. It looks like we're gonna be postponing your wedding again. The Philippines. I did a case there once and it turned out to be quite hard. But what interests me is the place where the case is held.

A House.

Yeah, I know it's the usual ones but this case seemed to be different. Suddenly, glasses crashed and I saw Mai kneeling on the floor her hand on the wall and her other hand clutching her head. I rushed to her side and saw she was having a headache her eyes closed tightly while she gritted her teeth.

"Mai, Mai what's wrong?" I asked and she just sat there and suddenly fainted in my arms. I shook her but she didn't wake up.

"Mai. Mai wake up!" I said as I shook her awake. But she didn't wake up.

"Mai! wake up!" I said as I shook her more but she just lay there.

"Naru, calm down," said Gene and he puts his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.

"How can I?! She's pregnant for crying out loud and I don't want anything to happen to her!" I blurted out and they all stood stock-still.

"And I was the one who was going to break the good news to them not you Naru.." Mai weakly said as she put her hand on my cheeks caressing them gently.

"Mai, y-you're pregnant?!?" Masako said and Mai nodded. She has suddenly whisked away from me and crushed into a hug by all the SPR members. Gene just chuckled and patted my back.

"Congrats bro," he said and I smiled meekly at him. He laughed and joined in the hug. Mai was being squished but she didn't mind. And I just stood there looking at the scene unfolding before me. Oh right. I'll ask Mai why she fainted. A dream for the next case perhaps? If it interests her

We're going to the Philippines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~