Chapter 7: Lost Ones

Today's the day for their trip. It's already Saturday, meaning no class today and all the students are enjoying their two-day break from reading, writing and learning how to improve their magic.

Also, today is the day for Claire's first trip with her friends outside the academy. The place their heading was still a secret from her, but she can can't help but get excited about it.

"Claire, let's go! Ayumi and the others are here now!" Lianne shouts from the living room of their dorm.

"Coming!" Claire reply and come out of their shared room after a while.

Seeing her friends ready, Ayumi summons her book and began chanting a spell of transportation. This spell makes them travel in light speed or just how fast they want to somewhere they want to go. And since they're all so excited, she uses the fastest to get to their destination easily.

"Dalhin mo kami sa lugar ng aming mithi*. Ameralus Transkire**! Armen Jou Saaaa***!"

Claire, being a very observant person, have memorized all the lines Ayumi said. Her mind works like a computer and as she hears something, she can easily say that again without thinking twice.

About the spell Ayumi has said, the Armen Jou Saaaa, is a light speed traveling magic. Ayumi learns this from their ancestors, which is a family of traveling magic. Both her and her brother, James know this and have mastered this at an early age.

As Ayumi repeatedly chant the spell, magical light crawl and fly out of her hands and book. This light wraps itself to their bodies and bags and then burst into a ball of crystal light. This crystal light ball looks beautiful, with ancient patterns and shows degrees of their destination. When the light turns pink, they all disappear in just a blink of an eye.

They arrive at their destination a second ago. Because of the fast movement, Claire feels a little dizzy. She starts to wobble and almost lose her balance. Good thing Kenth is just behind her. He caught her because she even falls back first to the ground.

"Are you okay, Claire?" he gently as, with a hint of worrying in his voice. Claire tries to stand up and thank him.

"Thank you Kenth. I'm fine, just a little dizzy," Claire said politely. The Prince just smile and tap her shoulder.

"Then you should be careful..." he said as he walks to James and starts to chat with them.

"Okay! Everyone let's start walking. Our venue is just two or three minutes walk from here. And I'm telling you, that place is very wonderful!" Ayumi said leading the group to their way. She excitedly march, followed by her small team.

Lianne walk beside her best friend watching her from getting dizzy again. Then a question pop out of her head. She then asks it right away.

"Ne~ Claire! Do you have motion sickness?" she asked her green-haired friend. The said girl slightly jolt and look at her with a questioning look.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, when you ride something or when you're using someone else's transporting magic, do you get dizzy and Wat to vomit?" Lianne said with a disgusted face. Claire just laughs at her reaction and gestures.

"Nope! But I just got a little dizzy because of the speed. It's my first time using magic like that... It's so... fast!" she said amazed as she looks at Ayumi. "Me being a rank lower than you all need to work hard. That's why I decided to observe more than I do. I want to keep up with your pace..."