Chapter 14: Reunion

Claire's POV

We're currently battling the demons. Every wave is getting harder and harder to defeat. My magical power's starts to drain but I have to keep fighting.

I glace around my comrandes and notice them already getting tired.

"This is not good..."

I summon my scythe and swing it around me. Luke raise his right eyebrow while snickering. I pout and look away, trying to focus on the enemies infront of me.

I've been practicing my scythe for a while now, secretly. Luke once taught me but I still can't get a hang on it, not until a while ago. My hard work pays off. Now let's see if I can use my new skills on the battle.

My book light into an intense green, my eyes also glow and I brace myself for an attack. I close my eyes, sighing then leap myself, dragging my scythe behind me. It glow into a pale yellow green aura that trail behind me as I swing the scythe.

I attack first those who get near me. All of them were slash into halves. Green liquid pouring from their body making me want to throw up any second now.

"Now you see a monster's blood," Liann appears behind me with her sword in intense red color. I also notice her eyes change from amber brown into bloody red. She smirk when she notice my observation.

"You might confuse why my eyes are like this, right?" she said calmy before attacking the approaching monsters. She hop back to my side before proceeding. "Let's just say that you're not the only one whose having an upgrade."

I nodded and attack more of our enemies. More and more are coming our way and I think almost everyone are starting to drain their energy and magic. Well not for Ms. Irina. She was like an unstoppable machine that whiping row by row pf enemies with her chained whip. And I'm gonna say, she's more like a monster herself whenever she's angry. Now I finally understand why everyone in our class on our first day with her have this frightened face.

We we're all battling the monster when another shockwave hit us. Inlike what happened earlier, it's more powerful enough to send us fall to our knees.

"I-I think the user of this shockwaves is just near," Irina said as she try to stand up. She hold her book open and release a powerful energy. Judging to her movements, I think she's borrowing energy and magic from her book. But what surprise me is that her book never get exhausted from all the magic she's using.

Ms. Irina's eyes' narrowed like she spot something. She grind her teeth, anger flowing to her eyes while glaring to something. I turn my head to where she's glaring and only saw smoke that covering the other part of the forest.

From there emerged a shadow of a woman. Her dress were tattered and mud was driping from the hem of her dress. Bloodlust is evidently shown even if her red eyes were covered by her thick emerald bangs. She is breathing heavily while walking to their way.

The smoke slowly appears as I slowly - somehow, recognize her. Her face, her hair, that aura. I-I can't breathe! She reminds me someone.

She look at me as the time somehow stop. A tear escape from her right eye before she starts to beserk.

"SHARLEEENE!!!!" She shout as her book appears infront of her. She slam her fist to book, borrowing a trendemous amount of magical power. I can see it in my own eyes.

Giant vines with thorns appears behind her. She command it to go to my way and it obey, attacking me without an hesitation. I don't know what happened me but my feet are stuck at my place. Its like it grow roots there that prevent me from walking.