Chapter 9: Maze Garden

Everyone was trying their best to be a top wizard. And to find out who's the strongest, a monthly test was held by their PE instructors. It's just like a quiz for normal students, but in here, it's a battle between being a mage or a normal or weak person.

No one really want to be at the bottom. So improving their skill is a must to do for them. Since it's just a warm up, not everyone take this seriously, except for those who really work hard. The teachers also being knowledge by their possibilities with this warm up, so even it's just the start, they all keeping an eye on everyone.

The Maze Garden was the place that this test will be held. Unlike the other test, today the students need to trust their partners on this battle, since they are both handicapped by their own magic, or as what their teacher said.

About the place, the Maze Garden, this is described as the Confusion Game by some of the students who already take the exam. There are some obstacles that confuse them till they don't know what to do next. And the hardest situation is being at the middle. Unfortunately, Claire and Luke was teleported to the center of the maze, the hardest of them all. They need to go around to find a way to the exit this confusing maze.

"Okay everyone, your time starts....NOW!!!" Mr. Vernil said to their minds. Everyone starts running for their dear life. Some already trip because of the early presence of the monsters they need to kill.

"So Luke, what's the plan?" Claire ask the boy. Luke remains silence as they continue running.

"I guess we can only trust our luck this time," he laugh, as he summon his book and sword. Claire nod in response and also summon her book.

A minute of running pass and they already find a monster to battle. Both are nervous since they have a limit to their movement. Their hands are chained by their magic so they can't easily break it with their own.

"Claire, watch out!" Luke warn as he grab the girl by her hands and hug her for protection. Claire was surprised but relaxed when something stuck at her. A very weird feeling her heart is experiencing now. But she didn't let it take her over. She team up with Luke and make a plan.

"Luke, I have a plan."

~ o0o ~

"So how's everyone?" a tall woman with dark blue hair that was in long pixie cut ask those teachers that keeping an eye on them.

"Seems like Ma'am, were having a brilliant student this year again," one of the teachers said smirking while pointing to the lacrima screen that monitors every student at the Maze Garden. "But this duo seems to stand the most."

"Hmm... I'm looking forward for their performance this year. Keep a close eye on them, okay?" the Head Teacher said leaning back to the seat. "This year will be fun!"

"Ha... We've been running around but still no luck," a tired looking Claire said while patting heavily. "I mean, this maze is really never ending!"

"That's right. I try calculating our turn, but I think I got lost with my own map," Luke said, with the same pace of breathing. "Do you have an idea there?"

"Hmm... Let's see," she starts to scan through the pages of her book. Each potential page starts to glow, but none of them was the proper spell. Except for...

"How about this?" Luke point at the book with a smile on his face. His mind is focus to a plan inside his head that he thinks will help them out.

"My arcus winds?" the smaller girl blink furiously. She didn't get his tactics.