Epilogue

So, here's the epilogue! It's going to be short, probably about 500 words.

Epilogue

One Year Later....

       I walked into the apartment, carrying a few grocery bags with me. I closed the door with my foot before walking into the kitchen and dropping them on the counter.

       "Charlie, is that you?!" Tony called from the living room.

       "No," I said sarcastically. "It's your other wife that has access to the apartment."

       Tony walked into the kitchen, carrying our three-month-old daughter. "Your sarcasm is something special," he said. 

       "Thank you, I try," I said. "Now let me see her. I haven't seen her for hours."

       Tony rolled her eyes, but still handed over Julia. "You weren't at the grocery store for hours," he said. "You were gone for thirty minutes max."

       "Okay, but Julia was born three months ago, so I'm still not used to being away from her for so long," I said.

       "I wonder what it's going to be like when you're going back to work in August," he said as he began putting the grocery away.

       "It's going to be tough," I said, smiling down at our sleeping daughter. Every time I looked at her, I got a warm feeling inside. Seeing her was a constant reminder that I found love with Tony and I was making a family together.

       Tony finished putting the groceries away, so he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder. "You know, every moment I spend with you has been the best," he said.

       "Aww, you're so cheesy," I said. "I still love you. Anthony."

       Tony sighed. "You're never going to stop that, are you?"

       I turned my head to look at him and smiled. "Nope. It's because I love you."

       "Well, I just so happen to love you too," he said. He gave me a quick kiss before gently leading me to the couch so I could sit down. He wrapped his arm around me and looked at Julia. "She's so beautiful."

       "That's what every parent says about their baby," I said.

       "Will you ever stop being a smart alec? Or being sarcastic?"

       "Where's the fun in that?" I asked, right as Julia woke up, followed by a yawn. "But you're right. She is a beautiful baby."

       "She really is," Tony said. "I have to admit, I was really jealous when Poppy had Ryder because I'm a sucker for babies. I've always imagined just having a baby with the perfect girl...."

       "Tony, you know you can't have babies," I said. "You should know this. You're a biology teacher."

       "Oh my goodness, do you ever stop?" he asked, though there was a smile on his face.

       "Nope."

       "Anyway," Tony said. "I'm happy I married you. And it sucks that we can't have anymore babies, but I'm perfectly happy with Julia."

       "Me too," I said.

       There were a lot of complications while I was pregnant with Julia and we almost lost her after I gave birth, but here she was, perfectly healthy. My doctor told me it wouldn't be healthy for me to have another one, but Tony and I were both happy having Julia.

       I was still on bad terms with my family, minus Matilda, but I moved on. I stopped trying to get them to forgive me and I didn't see them often. I had my family-in-law instead who were way better.

       I had to admit, I was happy Ian decided to hook up and fall in love with my sister. If it never happened, I wouldn't have tried so hard to get a job and move out. I wouldn't have met Tony. I wouldn't have fallen in love with him.

       I didn't even care about the way my family handled it. I would do it all over again and I wouldn't change a thing.

_______________

I lied. That was about 600 words. cx I'm such a liar.

Omg, so this book is officially done. Like I said, I'll take a break to plan out Dedrick's book first before I start writing it. Expect for it to come in about 2 weeks. I'll aim for....the 12th of November because I have two assignments due before then.

But yeah, this marks the end of Tarlie's book. :D It was shorter than I thought it would be, but I still love it. Thank you for the comments, reads, and votes. I love you all. :)

I'll post an update when Dedrick's book is up, which I'm thinking of actually calling it Dedrick. cx