Chapter 23 (New York City Serenade)

"Are you sure?" Catherine look at Michael.

"Yes, Go have fun...I'm just gonna walk around New York!"

"Ooo...Kay then...stay safe!" Catherine grab her purse and go. Few minutes later Michael decided that he's going to take a walk around New York. So he grab his coat and walk around until he spotted a vintage furniture collection, he decided to come inside and check it out.

"See anything you like?" an old woman approach Michael, she was nice and always smile," Yeah, sure I'm just gonna look around!"

"You're not from around here aren't you?" the woman look at Michael closely.

"No, How do you know?"

"You seems nice, and you look more polite than New Yorker."

"Thank you...I'm actually from Maine!"

"Portland?"

"Secret Hill!"

"Secret Hill, huh? My grandson used to lived there until he went to collage!"

"Oh, that's nice!"

"You know what, I'm just going to leave you alone and I will be in the counter, I'm Marjorie by the way."

"Michael!" Michael shook her hand. Michael look around until his eye fix on a dream-catcher, he hold it on his arms and decide to buy it so he place the dream-catcher into the counter," A dream-catcher,huh?" Marjorie look at Michael.

"Something about it just attract me!"

"It should, this is a traditional Lakota Sioux Dream-catcher made in late 18th Century by their chief himself." Marjorie pack on dream-catcher on the box,"

"Can I buy the picture frame too?" Michael point at a vintage frame and buy them too," Alright, that would be $45,60" Michael handed the money and purchased it.

"Thanks Marjorie!" Michael smile and walk out when he suddenly bump into someone," Sorry!"

"Michael?" the man he bump into look at him. Michael immediately recognizes him," Roman!" Roman is an attractive Hispanic male with broad shoulder, tall, and buff; he also have a short black hair and brown eyes.

"Hi, How are you?" Roman greets him awkwardly," I'm good!" Michael reply," I should probably go!" Michael walk away from him," Michael wait!" Roman chase after him.

"Hey, I'm sorry things didn't work out between us!"

"Don't bother, Rome!"

"Hey, I was wondering...since you're in New York...do you wanna grab a coffee?"

"Look Roman, I... don't want to say..."

"You don't have to say anything, I... just want to catch up you know!"

"Why? I mean you're the one that left me...I think we shouldn't talk to each other anymore!" Michael start to walk away from him but Roman grab his hand," Look...I'm so sorry things didn't work out between us...I change...I..."

"I'm in relationships right now and it's best for you to stay away from me...I don't have feeling for you anymore...you just a coward, narcissistic jerk who care nothing but your own image." Michael loses it.

"Can you give me a chance? I want to make up for my mistake!"

"Yeah well, Good luck with that!"

"Hey, I was hoping I bump into you here!" Catherine come out of nowhere and approach Michael," I don't know you have friend here in New York!"

"I'm Roman Vasquez!" Roman introduce himself to Catherine," Catherine Devereaux!"

"We should probably go!" Michael pull Catherine's arm and walk back to the condo," So, who is it?"