Chapter 28 (Cold Waters)

(2 weeks later)

Snow soon cover the town of Secret Hill bringing cold weather and hails.

"How are you holding up?" Matthew ask Eliza who's already back to college after her mother passed," I'm fine, I feel like I need to keep distracting myself with school stuff and work..."

"What about Valerie?"

"I don't know where she is, she's not even showing up at mom's funeral!"

"Maybe she's grieving, people grief in a different way you know!" Matthew pull her into a hug," Just remember no matter what happen I always be there for you!"

"Thank you!"

"How's your power?" Liam ask Michael who just got back from his internship," It's returning, how about your first day teaching or training the young wolf?"

"Kinda hard, you know teenage brain and hormone kinda stuff and they extremely stubborn and so full of themselves."

"That remind me of someone I know!" Michael glare at Liam," Yeah that guy win you over!" Liam winked.

"Jackass!" Michael walk to the bathroom, before Michael step into the bathroom his phone ring and he check it to see it was from Juliette Highmore," Mrs. Highmore...Can I help you with anything?"

"Hello Michael, sorry to disturb you I just wanted to talk to you about something!"

"Sure, What is it?"

"Hank and I've been thinking about throwing a masquerade ball!"

"That's great, what can I do with it?"

"See, Do you know the Victorian Mansion near the lake?"

"Yeah, the Bellami Mansion?"

"Can you see what you can do about it, maybe redecorate it, make it beautiful again and we could maybe turn the mansion into our town special bathroom!"

"I'll see what I can do, I got a friend who work in a restoration stuff, it's a huge mansion...what's the size?"

"One story mansion, 82 ft. tall and if we tear down the wall inside it could fit up to 800-1500 peoples."

"That's huge, you going to invite the whole town?"

"In a way, so...are you up for challenge...I know you like this type of projects!"

"Yes... What about the fund?"

"The fund is my problem...just give me the design and we're set..."

"Sure, I'll meet you tomorrow morning. Bye!" Michael turn off the phone.

"Who's that?" Liam appear behind him leaning on the glass door.

"Your aunt!"

"What did she want?"

"She wants me to restore the Bellami Mansion near the lake, turning it into a ballroom."

"You take it?"

"Of course! Will you excuse me...I'm going to take a shower." Michael step into the bathroom.

Catherine was walking together with Vicky talking about supernatural," So, Werewolf's bite is lethal to vampire?"

"In a way, yeah..." Vicky's phone ring," Wait a second it's Michael!"

"Vick...Vick...Vick!" Michael sounds excited.

"Hey slow down, What's up?"

"Do you still have Floyd Wickerman's phone number?"

"The construction guy?"