Chapter 26 (Monster Hunt)

The dark of night finally covers Secret Hill, Matthew, Catherine, Michael, Liam, Daniel with David and four of his pack member armed with weapon hunt down the things they called the Lycan and the Strigoi. They separate into two teams consisting of Matthew, Catherine, Michael, Liam and Daniel on one team and David with his pack. They both separate to search for the monster.

Liam used his senses to track down the Strigoi. Which lead them deeper into the forest and to the waterfall. They scouting around the waterfall until Matthew notices a glowing eyes inside the cave behind the waterfall," There it is!" Matthew took out a gun and keep shooting at the creature until it growl aggressively. Michael cast a spell turning the waterfall into ice," The ice won't keep it inside much longer!" then they heard a distress scream coming few miles deeper into the forest," You stay here prepare for the attack, I'll go check it out." Matthew commanded.

Matthew and Daniel left the three of them to check the screaming voice.

"Are you alright?" Liam ask Michael who were standing in front of the creatures with a frozen waterfall keeping them apart. The monster try to break free from its temporary prison but Michael uses his power to keep it inside until they ready for attack," I can't keep it inside much longer!"

"Just hold on, Eliza, Meghan and Zachary is coming with the weapon." Liam looks at Michael worriedly.

"I can't it's too strong!" Michael's nose starts to bleed. Catherine used his vampire speed and pull Michael away a second before the beast set's free and reveal it to be the Strigoi, the vampire monster. The Strigoi lead out blood screeching scream and start to attack them until Michael cast a spell on Liam. Liam turn to werewolf and fight the creature single handedly. Catherine try to help but the creature keep knocking her out of the way. Zachary, Eliza and Meghan then come with a crossbow and shooting at the creature.

"Where's Matthew?" Eliza look at them," He and Daniel headed East." Meghan carrying a compass," I know where he is! Follow me!" Eliza look at Catherine and Zachary," I got this...you need to deliver this to him." Zachary tossed Catherine a special stake," GO!"

From the battle it looks like Liam is overwhelm and Michael start to cast a powerful spell, he walk closely to the creature who were punching Liam who were now in a human form bleeding and bruises, the vein around Michael's hand turn black as he keep chanting the spell. The creature start to moaning in pain," What are you doing? Get him out of here!" Liam yelled when he realize Michael put himself in the danger. Zachary start setting his weapon after finish he throw them to Liam.

"NOW!" Michael yelled at Liam, Liam realize that the weapon was a bomb so he push it down the creature's throat then pull Michael to safety, the creature start to choking and explodes, sending his remains all over them," Are you alright?" Michael passed out on Liam's arms making Liam panic.

"He's alright, he just drained!" Zachary check on Michael," I'm sorry about your father!" Liam said to Zachary.

"The bastard got what he deserved!" Zachary answers him," Catherine, take Michael and Liam back."

"No, its okay...I'm healing! its First quarter moon...I'm healing more quickly."

Matthew were fighting with a werewolf monster single-handedly in the middle of forest with David got knocked unconscious on the ground until Eliza and Meghan shows up," What are you doing here?" Matthew asks Eliza.

"I brought the weapon!" Eliza said. The Lycan seems to be more stronger and it start to winning until an unexpected help shows up, Markos in his vampire come to the rescue fighting the Lycan. He was equally strong as the creature, Matthew jump the creature's back put his arms around its neck as it try to broke free. Meghan cast a spell to paralyzed the creature, Eliza find a strength inside her as she run towards the creature and stake its heart before the Lycan knock her out of the way knocking her out to the tree. Matthew run towards Eliza and feed her his blood to cure her injuries.