Chapter 15: FireFlies

(Photo is not mine, credits to the owner)

We were meant to be
1 year after
Katie's PoV

It's our one year anniversary. And he forgotten it. Well probably.
He didn't call me, texted me.. He didn't showed up.
Well it sucks.

"When will he call?!" I whispered to myself. After a decade of waiting I sighed.
"Guess I'll go to the secret place myself."

So I did, I dressed up (see the pic above) and walked to the park.

As I was walking, I saw a piece of paper. I picked it up. "I Love You." It says. That person probably doesn't know me, then why are they telling me they love me? Weird.

I stumbled across another note as I was walking. "Forever and Always."
This is freaking me out.

I'm finally at the park. I can relax and smell the fresh air. I sat on my favorite bench, (It's where I always sit) and saw another white note. "Happy 1st."

This is starting to get weird. I felt someone was taking pictures of me. I just brushed it off and tried to relax. A boy went near me. "Hi, Miss." He said. "Oh, hi. What's your name?" I asked, smiling. "I'm Aaron." He smiled back. "Is your sister Emily?"
"Oh, yes. Someone wants me to give you this." He gave me a paper. "Thanks." I mumbled, while he walked away.

"Anniversary, Babe." This makes me confused even more.

Until I decided to do a little puzzle. I connected the words on the paper. It formed something.

"I Love You, Forever and Always. Happy 1st Anniversary, Babe." I whispered to myself.
Surely I ruined somebody's surprise to his girlfriend. I thought.

Then Emily comes up. "Hi Katie. A boy who's so handsome and tall told me to give you this." I laughed as I heard the words "handsome and tall." She gave me the paper.

"Thank you." I said, and she disappeared. She might of went home already.
This time, it wasn't a white piece of paper. It's now written in a yellow one. "MEET ME AT THE SP, NOW." It said.

Woah, no need to shout through a paper.
So I followed. I really didn't get the 'SP' thing, but I just went to our place.

"'Cause if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
Mmmmm. . ." (this town by niall horan)

He kept on singing. I was there, smiling, since this was one of my favorite songs.
This song describes our childhood relationship perfectly, I guess.

He finally turned around and stopped. Well of course he stopped, he was done singing it. Unless he wanted to sing the remaining chords, I would be so impressed.

"Happy Anniversary." He smiled and hugged me tight. I felt safe in his arms.
"I love you." I whispered into his ear.
"I love you too." He smiled.

×××

We were having a picnic. "Hey, thanks for the effort. From the notes that Emily and Aaron gave me, and the ones on the ground."

"What? I didn't do that." He said. "Wait, what?"

"Oh no. I ruined someone's surprise.." I whispered.
"Uh oh, Katie's in trouuuble."
"Caleb! Just help me!"
"No, I was joking. I did that."

And that's how he received a big hit on the arm.
"Ouch!"
"You deserve it."
"No I didn't!"
"Yes you did."

"If I didn't love this boy I would break up with him." I whispered to myself.
"NOOO! I WAS JOKING!" He stood up and hugged me.
"Heh."

×××

It was night time.
It was the perfect night for an amazing day.
The sun already has set, and we were stargazing.

"Look, fireflies." Caleb whispered. I immediately looked at where he was looking. WOAH. It looks like the tree is wrapped with Christmas lights!

"It's beautiful.." I whispered. "But you're more beautiful than that." He replied, staring at me.

I looked at him, and he instantly kissed me, long and passionate.
Fireflies were flying around the place, and I think this was the perfect anniversary someone could ever pull me.

It felt like sparks were forming. Butterflies in stomach. It was like our first time kissing.

I had a lot of things in mind, but I was thinking about the most important thing in the entire universe. And he's the man infront of me.

We stopped after a minute, but it felt like an eternity. Guess this is what you feel when you're madly in love with someone.

We smiled at each other, and he placed the loose hair of mine in the back of my ear.

I looked around, and fireflies were still flying. That would be unfortunate if they were standing.

"Thank you, thank you so much for the effort you've made in order for me to be happy. Thank you so, so much for making our first year together wonderful." I gave him a quick peck on the lips. He smiled.

"Anything, just to make you happy."
(A/n: and I'm laying here, waiting for this to happen to me. )

I looked at the time.
"Crap, it's already 1 in the morning. I gotta g--" He stopped me. "I'll carry you there."

He did, and ran quickly. We got home, and my mom and dad were asleep. Phew, they didn't worry about me. "Goodnight." I mumbled. "Goodnight." He mumbled back and kissed my forehead.

I went to the bathroom to change, and went to my room. I soon fell asleep. This was the most perfect thing on earth that has ever happened.