Chapter 8: Uhm..

We Were Meant To Be
Chapter 8
Katie's PoV

We arrived, and there were fewer people than I have expected. I guess we were early.
I looked around, and the theme is all blue and purple. Well that's a relief.
Balloons were hanging from the ceiling, Ribbons were everywhere, and it was like Prom all over again.

I didn't have a partner back then, because I didn't want to like another boy who'll just play with me. I just went on my own, with some of my friends. I don't want to get hurt, well, all of us doesn't want to get hurt by the people we love.

And a boy, so rare, doesn't do that. That boy was Caleb. He doesn't hurt people, and when he does, he'll apologize and he'll regret it even if it wasn't his fault.
We sat down on our assigned seats and talked about stuff.

"Damn, she's beautiful." I heard him whisper. I wasn't sure if it was for me, or for someone else's.
I just brushed it off and played with my fingers. I was bored after all.
Until a slow music started. The dancefloor was filled up with pairs one by one. I just watched them and wondered on when he'll ask me to dance.

And so he stood up, walked over to me, and lend out his hand.
Mindreader. I thought.
"Uhm.. Katie. Want to..uh.. Dance?" He said, nervously. He was sweating, and was stuttering.
I smiled and blushed. But there was only one problem: I don't know how to dance.
"Sure.. But I don't really know how to dance.." I said, looking down.

I can see him smiling. "That's fine, I'll teach you." I looked up and smiled back. I stood up and walked to the dancefloor. He followed.

He placed my hand on his shoulder, and I immediately remembered where I should put my other hand. (A/n: idk where you put your other hand soooo sorry bc im dumb af)

Then... We started dancing to the slow music.
I felt like blushing uncontrollably.
My world moving real slow.
Butterflies in stomach.
All I could hear was my Heartbeat, beating fast.

I looked down.
"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. I smiled and shook my head. I knew it, I was blushing.
He lifted up my head with his fingers gently.
"What's wrong?" He asked again. I shook my head and said, "I'm fine."

"Okay people, can you all clear the dancefloor? I'm going to announce the best pair in this party." The emcee said. We had those?!

We all sat down, wondering who it'll be.
"Okay, thank you. Before telling you, students, the best pair for our party, I'm going to have a few announcements."
And he began to announce whatever that was needed to be announced.

"Okay, so now I'm going to announce the best pair for this year's party." he finally said. "This will only be the thing being announced today since this is like Prom King and Queen and this was the most awaited. The rest of the awards you can get will be announced on Monday."
WHO SAID I WAITED FOR THIS?!
"Enough with the chats, I'm now going to announce the best pair."

"THE BEST PAIR FOR THIS PARTY IS..."
I started to feel nervous.
"Say hello to the principal!" He interrupted. Cliffhanger. Ugh.
"IS... KATIE AND CALEB!" He shouted. I didn't even understand what he said.

Until it all loaded in my head. WE are the best pair.
The emcee told us to go to the dancefloor, to dance.
Oh no, this feeling, again.
And so we started dancing, and the crowd was quiet.

There was only one song that's stuck in my head.

The room's hush hush and now is our moment
Take it in, fill it all and hold it
Eyes on you, eyes on me
We're doing this right..
'Cause lovers dance when they're feeling in love
Spotlight's shining it's all about us
It's all... About us...
And every heart in the room will melt
This is a feeling i've never felt
But, it's all... About us
(Allaboutus by HeisWe)

~Fast Forward~

"Thanks for this night, Caleb." I said, smiling. "You're welcome." He smiled back.
I looked down, since that's what I always do. "Why are you always looking down?" He asked. "I don't know. It's my thing, I guess." "Well stop doing that." "Why?"
"Because the world cannot see how beautiful and caring you are." He smiled widely, and I was there blushing.

"Goodnight." I said softly. "Goodnight."
Before I could say or do anything, I kissed his cheek without thinking. Bish, why'd you do that?! You look so stupid!

I looked down again and mumbled, "Sorry, I didn't know what's going on inside my head.." I turned around and walked inside, but he grabbed my arm and dragged me to him. And now we're facing each other again. "It's fine.." He whispered and smiled.
And our lips were inches apart, again.

Our lips got closer and closer, until..

Slap!

Y'all guessed it. Liv. Way to go Liv, ruining the moment.
"WHAT THE F*#?!" I immediately shouted, even though I knew it was her.
"Hello." She said with an evil smirk.
"DID YOU JUST EFFING FOLLOWED US?! YOU ALWAYS RUIN MY LIFE, LIV!" I shouted with tears in my eyes.
"Oh hell yeah I ruin it." she said, still smirking.
"Please, go away Liv." Caleb interrupted.
"Hey, how're you doing?" she started to flirt.
"Look, Liv, I'm done with all of your ga--"
She kissed him.

I felt like I was powerless. I can't slap her, I can't kick her... I WAS powerless.
He hasn't let go of the kiss.
I stood there, shaking. No. . .
I ran, I ran inside and went to my room. I locked the door, and Cried hard.

HE STILL LIKES HER! HE STILL LOVES HER!

What's the use of falling in love with him? I was wrong. I made a mistake.
I can't handle it anymore.
I can't tell Brennan, because he's gonna beat him up.
I can't tell Annie, because she'll tell Brennan.

My life is a mess.

==========================================================================
I know y'all wanna kill me but just wait for itttttt haha
I have an awesome idea of what gonna happen next and im super excited about it omg
Goodbye=)