Chapter 18: Yes..

We were meant to be
Chapter 18
5 years later
Katie's PoV

Time's been flying fast and now we're 24 years old. Done doing college.
Me and Caleb? Still together. We're having less and less fights.

Me and Sydney apologized at the end of the graduation. Me and Luke, we're on good terms.

"Hey, babe, meet me at the secret place tonight?" Caleb said through the phone. "Sure." I smiled. He hung up, and I stayed in bed the whole afternoon.

+++

My phone kept on ringing. I picked it up, half asleep. "Hel...lo?" "Katie? Are you asleep?" A familiar voice said, and I realized it was Caleb. "Yes.." I rubbed my eyes. "Woah, that's weird, I didn't know that you can talk while sleeping." He joked, and I opened my eyes. "I'm gonna go get ready." I smiled and sat up. "Okay, Ily." he replied. He hung up. That's odd, he never says the abbreviation of I love you.

I quickly brushed it off and got ready. I wore a crop top and some leggings. I brought a jacket just in case.
I walked to the park, as always.

I felt something bad. I felt that, Caleb will leave me and say the words I hated the most. That will leave me heartbroken forever. The sentence that will leave a huge scar in my heart.  I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore.

I ignored the thought, but it kept on popping up.
I reached the place we've had for years, and sat down.

"Oh, hey katie kate." He smiled and sat beside me. I didn't let out a single word. "Hey, notice me!" He played with my hair, but I kept on thinking deeply. "What are you thinking about?" he stopped fooling around. "...nothing." I mumbled. "Hey, I know you're thinking deeply. What's wrong?" He asked. "Okay, fine. I've felt something strange between
you and I's relationship. I'm not gonna tell you about it though."

"Hmm, I see." He looked at the sky. I couldn't tell if he was wondering about it or just amazed of the night sky.

"Uhm Katie, I've got a question." Oh no, these words makes me nervous. "What are your goals in life?" I smiled. This is easier than I thought. "To graduate college, to get married to the one I love most, to have a family and... To have someone by my side till I die." I grinned at him. I know I'll complete this with him.

"What if I asked you to marry me?" He looked at me, finally. "I would cry harder than befor-- wait are you going to..?"

He smiled. "No." I felt sadness take over my emotions suddenly. "Oh." I looked away from him, and stared at the trees full of fireflies. It never goes away. "Aww, she's sad." he pinched my left cheek. "I'm not.." I muttered. "Yea she is.." he kept on poking my side. "Stop.. I'm not even sad." "aww."

Caleb's PoV

I have a ring ready, and I wanted to propose to her at this very moment. But something tells me it isn't the right time. I don't know.
After a while, We both went home and split ways. Maybe the next 2 months, I will.

+++

2 months passed quickly, and I haven't seen her since the last date we had, which was the day I was supposed to propose to her.

She has called and texted me, but I ignored it. I was preparing the place with Luke, Syd, Brennan and Annie. Yes, they now know about it.

Once we were finished, I felt excitement filling in, because she'll be the person I first see in the morning. If she says yes.

Katie's PoV

I'm getting worried about me and Caleb's relationship. He hasn't answered my calls, my texts, and whenever I talk to him every word he says is cold. I don't want to cut again, because he'll be so freaking upset.

I think I want to be alone. I look like a mess, like a total mess. I haven't left my bed, I spent the whole month thinking about what I have done to upset Caleb.

There were times where I couldn't take it anymore. I cried and cried, just because I miss him so much. Where I want to hug and kiss him again.

My phone rang, and I answered. "Hello?" I tried to speak through the tears. Yes, I was crying. "Katie." One voice said, which made my life brighten the darkness these past 2 months. "C-Caleb." I stuttered. Oh no, he'll notice I've been crying.

"Katie? Are you alright?" I knew it.
"Uhm, yes. Yes." "Okay.. Meet me at the park. Not at the secret place." "okay, bye." I hung up quickly and wore a nice dress. I felt really happy today, because I heard his voice again.

I walked to the park and saw him, sitting on a bench. He quickly smiled when he saw me. He stood up, while I ran up to him, hugging him tighter than before. "I miss you so much." I mumbled, and tears started to pour. He rubbed my back. He looked so tall, because I could hear his heartbeat. "Katieee! You're crying! What's wrong?" I shook my head. "I just missed you so so much. I haven't squeezed your cheeks, messed with your hair and heard your voice in a month or two!" I finally smiled.

But he wasn't listening. "Oh.. So you don't care about me anymore.. I get it.." my smile faded. "What? No! I care about you!" He exclaimed. Someone covered my eyes with a handkerchief. "What? Caleb?!"

Someone carried me and ran. I didn't shout, because they would probably say shut up or cover my mouth. Until they placed me down.

They removed the blindfold, and I was at our secret place. It was decorated with colorful lights and ribbons. Caleb was in front of me. "What's this?" I asked, stunned.

"I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore." he sighed and looked down.
I felt like a bomb was exploding inside me, killing the happiness, the laughter, and the love we've shared. These were the words. The words I'm hoping not to hear.

A tear rolled down my cheek. He stayed calm. But that was unusual, he panics whenever he sees me cry.
"O-Okay, I-I guess you got tired of me..." I started to turn around until he grabbed my hand. The thing he does when I want to walk away.

"Wait." I turned back to him. "I'm not finished."

He knelt down. And I was shocked. "Because, I want to be your husband. Will you make me the happiest man on earth by... marrying me?" He opened the small red box he was holding. It revealed a ring.

I started to cry harder. And I didn't expect this. "...yes..."

He gave me the ring and placed it on my finger. I hugged him tight. "Well, well, well.." Brennan comes out of the tree he hid in, with Annie on his back. "Huh?" I was confused. "WE'RE HERE!" Luke and Sydney shouted. They're all here. I smiled.

"Hey, Caleb, where's the credits?" Brennan asked. "Okay, okay. Brennan, Annie, Luke and Sydney helped me set this all up."

"Okay, we'll leave you two here. Have some time together." Annie said, dragging Brennan out of the place, while Luke and Sydney following. Luke faked his smile, I could tell.

Once they were gone, Caleb held my hands tight. "I love you." he whispered into my ear, then kissed me hard and passionate. Boy, I missed him so so much.

I was craving for a kiss from him in the last 2 months of waiting. Guess he completed the wish I made, again.

Now we're going to face life together. Maybe have a family. The goals I have dreamed of came true, because of this guy infront of me.

I love him so much.

=====================================
I HAD LOTS OF IDEAS FOR THIS CHAPTER AND BOY DID IT TURN OUT GREAT

a month without uploading, comes back with a tag
That no even tagged him in, he's not a challenge to drag
So prepare for an attack, and by that I mean cringe
(Complete it in the comments if you know it, and its okay to put swear words here)