Chapter 13: Care

We Were Meant to Be
Chapter 13
Katie's PoV

"Should we tell them?" I asked through the phone. "I guess." he said. "Tell your mom, while I tell mine. Bye." I hung up and went downstairs. "Mom? Dad? Brennan?"

"We're here." mom said, sipping her coffee. Woah, it's already 1 pm.
I sat with them on the dining table. I felt my heart beat louder because I think they wouldn't want me to have a boyfriend.

"Uhm mom, dad, Brennan... I've got something to tell you." I said nervously.
"What is it?" dad asked. "I... I have a boyfriend." I looked down.
"WHAT?! Who is it?!" they all shouted. Mom was smiling, While Dad and Brennan were kind of mad. I'm scared they wouldn't approve of him.
"...C-C-Caleb.."I mumbled. They all let out a sigh of relief. "I KNEW IT WAS CALEB!" Brennan shouted. "Well who would she like anyways." Brennan mumbled.

"Wait... Aren't you guys gonna get mad or something?"
"Nope. We won't. It actually depends on the person you pick." Dad said. Well that's a relief.

"And besides, we trust Caleb." Mom smiled. I hugged her and dad.
"When are you going to ask Annie out, Brennan?" I asked. Brennan glared at me, because mom will ask him about it. Then it'll be a whole new conversation. "Whoops, gotta blast" I said, running outside. I laughed as I heard them talk about Annie.

"Hey." I jumped as I heard that. "You startled me!" "Whoops, sorry." Caleb laughed. "So, what did they say?"
"They said it was alright, and that they trust you." I smiled. He smiled back.

"Let's go to the park." He mumbled. I nodded. He carried me on his back, which made me blush. I held on tight because I might fall. I kissed him on the cheeks while he was walking and I pretended that nothing happened.

We arrived, and he put me down. I sat beside him and laid down on the grass. Oh yeah, we're at our secret place if you're wondering.

I texted Brennan, saying I might stay overnight at Caleb's. He said okay, and I was relieved.

"Who's that?" Caleb asked. "Brennan. I texted him that maybe I'll stay the whole night at your place." "oh." he smiled.

He laid next to me and we stared into the sky. We were talking the whole time.
I stood up suddenly, and he asked, "What's wrong?"

"I think it's gonna rain.." I mumbled. "What?" "It's gonna rain." "What's your dream, when it's raining?" He asked out of nowhere. I thought deeply. What was it?  "Being kissed in the rain." I smiled. Then it started pouring. "Caleb, let's go." I whispered.
"No." he stopped. "Why?" I mumbled. "Because I'm here to accomplish your dream." His lips crashed onto mine. I was shocked, of course, but I slowly went with the flow.  I've forgotten about that dream. Because I knew I wouldn't have that. But it came. It came alright.

We stopped after a minute passed.

I was shivering. Well it was raining, and I didn't bring a jacket. I was only in a crop top and leggings. "Are you cold?" He asked. "O-Obviously." he removed his jacket and let me wear it. "Thanks." I smiled.

"Wait. You get sick when you're exposed to rain, right?" he asked. "Uhm, yea, but it will be gone tomorrow morning."

He carried me, bridal style, and ran to his house. He was also carrying my bag. I was still shivering, even if I'm wearing a jacket. Then I started coughing. "Uh oh." He whispered under his breath. Surprisingly I heard it.

"It's fine, really." I said. He smiled, but I could tell that it was fake. I knew it, he was worried about me.

We went to his room, and he gave me a towel. I immediately wrapped it around me. "Do you have any extra T-shirt or something?" He asked. "Oh, yes. It's in my bag." "Isn't it supposed to get wet?" He opened it. "My bag doesn't let water get in easily."

I stood up and grabbed my clothes. "Go take a bath, and I'll be waiting here." He kissed my forehead. "Okay." So I followed, and when I went out, I saw Caleb, shirtless, and sitting on the couch. I'm probably melting right now.

I sat beside him, and he took a bath next.
When we were all done, I felt cold, still. "Oh, she's still shivering." He whispered to himself. He gave me a thick blanket. I smiled and kissed his cheeks as a form of thank you. He sat beside me, and cuddled.

We watched a movie, and it wasn't kind of scary I guess. I started to cough, again. "Wait here." He went upstairs. Then his mom went down his room. "Oh, hi Katie." She smiled. "Caleb told me you weren't feeling well, so I brought you medicine."
"Oh, it's fine." I smiled. "No, no. Take it." she gave the medicine to me. "You're lucky to have him, Katie. He's one sweet, loving boy." she rubbed my back. "Thank you." I smiled. "He doesn't let go of someone easily." she added.

"I have to go. He'll be so embarrassed." She chuckled. "Bye! Get well soon!" She quickly went upstairs.

"You're so lucky to have him, Katie. He's one sweet, loving boy."
that kept on repeating in my head.

Later on, he came down with a bowl of soup. "Eat up. You'll drink the medicine mom gave you." He smiled. So I ate, and drank the medicine. I love that he's so caring. I smiled at the thought.

"Are you still cold?" He asked. I nodded. Of course I am, I'm thin. Even though I'm wrapped in a thick Blanket. "Want me to hug you?" "If you insist." So he did, and I felt warm. "Thanks."I mumbled.

"She's so cute." He whispered to himself. I smiled. I soon drifted to sleep.

×××

The next morning, I felt better. He was still hugging me and asleep when I woke up, so I didn't move for the next hour. Instead, I took a bunch of selfies in his phone. Yea, fill up the storage.

When I stopped, I took one with him while he was sleeping. I posted it on my Instagram account, with the caption saying, "Love this boy❤ He took care of me the whole night❤" And then I tagged him. I played with his hair for a few minutes, until he woke up. "Good Morning." I whispered. He smiled. We were still on the couch. "You were messing with my hair, right?" He mumbled. I nodded. He kissed me.

"Are you better?" "Yes." I smiled. "Great."
I got up and readied myself. I soon went home, while mom and dad were on the couch, worried.

"Katie." Mom hugged me. "Where have you been?" She asked. "At Caleb's. Didn't Brennan tell you?" Then Brennan went downstairs. "Well, about that. I forgot." I scratched my head.

"Did you get sick?" she still asked. Dad was shaking his head because she kept on asking me. "Uh, yes. But Caleb took care of me." "That's good."

"KATIEEE! WHY'D YOU FILL UP MY STORAGEE?!" The text said. It was from Caleb. "Love you too!" I replied.