Chapter 15

Emma's POV

Me and Jake are on the basement when we hear Enoch's scream.

We run fast as we could and when we reach on Enoch's place,we saw him kneeling on the floor and theirs a tears on his eyes.

Others too run to Enoch's place,except Horace and Millard.

"What happen?", I ask.

Enoch look on the hole on the ships wall and look to us.

" Enoch,what happen?",Jake ask.

"Ashlyn,Mr.Barron kidnap her", he said and he punch the wall.

" what?!",brownwyn scream.

"I didn't protect her,I am a failure", Enoch added and punch the wall again.

Jake run to his direction and stop Enoch punching the wall,but Enoch don't stop.

" no,maybe Mr.Barron is more stronger,remember we are just a kids",Jake said while stopping Enoch.

"What's happening here,children?", miss peregrine ask when he saw Enoch punching the wall.

" we hear the scream,what happen?",Millard ask while still catching his breath cause he and Horace run to our place.

"Whe–wheres ashlyn?", Horace ask.

" I'm sorry miss peregrine,Mr.Barron already kidnap ashlyn",I said.

And they all open their mouths with confusion.

"How?", Horace ask when a tone of angriness.

" and what should we do now?",Fiona said while theirs a tone of worriedness on her voice.

"We should save ashlyn,before...before...before all things get worst", I said when I stop to say the word " die".

I didn't say it because maybe others will get very worried,and I don't want too,I want them to relax and stay calm.

"Enoch,stop punching the wall", miss peregrine said while walking on Enoch's and Jake direction.

" this is all my fault, I'm so weak and didn't protect ashlyn from Mr.Barron ",Enoch burst.

" this is not all your fault Enoch,none of us,now bring Enoch on the basement and heal his hands,and children,prepare cause we are going to save ashlyn",miss peregrine said.

Jake and other boys bring Enoch on the basement and other kids head different direction.

I saw miss peregrine walking outside,I chase her,and walk together with her.

"Miss peregrine", I called.

" oh,Emma",miss peregrine thought

"I...just wanna ask you something miss peregrine", I said.

" what is it?",

"About ashlyn,you said a triculiar child is once a normal peculiar at first,and they just accidentally develop their third peculiarity,and how did ashlyn do it?", I ask.

" that's a good question,Emma
We don't know ashlyns life since she is a kid,but we know what happen to her before she came on our house",miss peregrine said.

"You mean...her parents,she get depressed when her parents dump her?", I added.

" that's one of the reasons",miss peregrine said.

"So there's another reason?",

" Ashlyn,tells me about what happen on her school,her classmates always bully,play some pranks on her,and she has no friend there,that take her to the stress and depression,even on this house.I saw it",miss peregrine said.

I feel so sad on Ash story,I wonder how she make it all through,behind all of this.I wonder if this happen to me,maybe I will kill myself because of depression.

"But,I thought ash is happy being here with us,I saw her smile everyday", I demanded.

" not because the person smile it doesn't truely mean she's happy",miss peregrine said.

And I just realize something,miss peregrine is right,and I could feel it once.When ash and I met on the house,she always smiles at me,but there's something strange on her face that she keep on hidden inside,and that's pain.