Patience

"Harley..." I heard Bruce call from the other side of the bathroom door.   
"Go away." I called. I sat on the floor in front of the bathtub, my knees curled to my chest. Tears falling down my cheeks.
"Harley... It was before you..." I opened the door to see him standing there. Stress written all over his face.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I sniffled.
"Because I didn't even think about the possibility. It was a drunken night," He rubbed his forehead, "And there's just a lot going on. You know it hasn't even been that long since I lost Jason? And now Barbara is paralyzed. And the man responsible knows you're with me." He leaned against the door frame.
"I'm sorry. I know you're going through a lot. I just want it to all be fixed and okay. I wish Mistah J would leave everyone alone." I stepped closer to him, leaned my head into his chest.
"My job is to make sure everyone in Gotham is safe. And I can't even do that right." He placed his hand on my back and pulled me closer to him.
"You're the Batman... You've always been the hero."
"I haven't been able to save people lately..." I looked up at him and I felt safe, "Are you and Talia gonna get back together?" He chuckled at my question.
"Heaven's no. But the baby will make it to where she will be around more often." He looked down at me and traced my cheek with his thumb.
"I wonder if I'm good with kids."
"We'll find out eventually. But as of right now, we need to get to bed. You have work early tomorrow." He then swooped me up into his arms and walked to the bedroom.