Little Serendipity

When we arrived to the Bat Cave, he took his mask off. He had been silent the entire time.
"Why were you alone in that part of town?" He started to strip his Bat gear off and place it down.
"Well..." I kicked a pebble, "He saw my neck..." I saw him tense up. He pressed a button and the lights came on.
"How did that go for you?" He turned to me and his eyes showed remorse. He stepped towards me and gently slid his thumb over my cheek. I winced in pain. Shit, I thought, that's gonna be a bruise.
"Not so well." I giggled. Bruce shook his head and wiped the black paint off from around his eyes.
"Why do you put up with it?" He asked as he threw down the towel he used.
"Master Wayne, I've-" An old man stopped in his tracks when he saw me, "Um. Sir, are you aware there is a woman in your secret lair?"
"Alfred this is-" Bruce started before I cut him off.
"Harley Quinn, pleased to meet cha!" I threw my hand out to shake his. He stood there for a moment, then accepted.
"Alfred Pennyworth," He released my hand and turned to Bruce, "Shall I make up the guest room for Ms. Quinn?"
"Yes please, Alfred. And something to eat." Bruce smiled and nodded to him.
"Very well, sir." Alfred turned and walked away.
"He seems nice." I smiled. Bruce walked over to me, and grabbed both of my hands.
"Harleen..." He started, "Please. Think long and hard about what I'm about to ask you."
"Okay...?" I asked. He inhaled.
"Stay here. For a while. Joker obviously isn't good for you. You need someone who cares about your well being."
"You're wrong! My Puddin does care about me!" I threw his hands off as tears filled my eyes.
"Harley..." He places his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him, "Would he hit you if he did?"
"I deserved it. I cheated on him." I wiped my eyes, smearing my makeup.
"No. No one deserves that..." He picked me up bridal style, "Let's get you to bed." He walked through this rock and went into an elevator. We stepped out in his library. He stood me up. I followed him as he walked. We turned into a large dining room. Which had food on the table. Salad and soup. My stomach turned at the site.
"I'm not hungry." I said, which came out more harsh than I wanted.
"No problem. Alfred." Bruce called.  Alfred turned into the room, "Yes, sir?" He stood with such good posture.
"Show our guest to her room." Bruce sat down and started to eat.
"Yes sir," He turned to me, "Follow me, miss." He turned on his heel and began to walk. I followed him, even as he walked up a large staircase. The Wayne Manor was beautiful. And Bruce wanted me to stay here... I shook my head at the thought. No. Alfred stopped at a door.
"Thank you, Alfred." I smiled as I opened the door. I walked in, closed the door behind me, and flipped on the lights. There was a huge wood four poster bed. Cherry, I believe. Red and black comforter set. I chuckled. I walked over to it and sat down. I noticed a pair of shorts and a tank top on the dresser. I walked over and slipped my dress off. It gathered around my feet on the hardwood floor. I pulled the shorts on first. Then the tank top on afterwards. I turned the light off and laid down. I laid there for what seemed like hours. Tossing and turning. I finally stood up and walked out the room. I stood in the hall, looking at every door. I walked to the very end of the hall and opened the door there. I entered a huge master suite. I noticed Bruce's sleeping figure. I gently closed the door and tiptoed over to him. I slid into bed beside him. I snuggled up under the covers and sighed. I closed my eyes and turned onto my left side. I felt Bruce stir beside me, then wrap his arm around me and pull me close. I smiled slightly as I drifted off.