[10]

-

Was Yemi a kid person?

Sort of, but she'd pic Jahdai over anyone.

Like, he had all the manners and was responsible and clean and just...perfect. It'd been a few days since they last saw Zayn and...Jahdai was fine to say the least.

He wished he could talk to Zayn and hug Zayn and do things with Zayn, but it was difficult. Zayn was to get no contact unless it was every other Saturday evening. That was killing Jahdai because, literally...it had only been three days and he was the saddest little boy ever.

And Yemi had no idea what to do, she didn't have any kid's games and she wasn't good at keeping people busy.

"What do you wanna do today?" she asked him. Jahdai was watching TV with his hand on his cheek in boredom. "Jah."

"I don't know," he mumbled, looking at her and turning back to the TV.

"What does your dad usually do?"

"Takes his medicine," he frowned, "then...we just walk around and find food. But that's it."

"Well, you wanna come with me to get toys?"

"Toys?" he perked up a little, "for me?"

"Yeah, you like toys don't you?"

"I guess. I don't have toys, Yemi."

"That's why we're gonna get some, honey," she stood and he followed her to the bedroom, "put some shoes on, okay?"

"Okay," he ran off and Yemi grabbed a cardigan since the weather was crazy. She walked downstairs and watched him tie his shoes.

"Ready?"

"Yes," Jahdai instantly took her hand and they walked out. Yemi locked the door and the kid was already about to strap himself in the seatbelt.

"I'll get you a booster seat, I think."

"What's that?"

"Keeps you safe while I drive."

"I am safe. Don't get me that thing."

"Jah," she shook her head and backed out of the driveway, "you're funny, kid."

-

"What do you like?"

Jahdai stood in the cart and scanned the toy section of the store. She could tell it was a lot for him, especially if he didn't know most of these characters and what exactly they did. He was confused.

"I don't know," he shrugged then pointed to something, "what's that?"

"Pokémon stuff. Really cool."

"Can I see it?"

"Yeah," she handed it to him and watched his eyes light up at the toy, "you like it?"

"Yeah," he sat in the cart and listened to Pikachu scream. He moved on his own sometimes and Jahdai was enjoying every aspect of it.

"What else would you like?"

"Ooh, that one," he pointed to Buzz Lightyear action figure and they kept going after that. Yemi was a child sort of, she had the movies and she was excited to share them with this boy. His childhood was gone partially but he was only five, so...he had time left to enjoy what she did when she was that age.

At the end of their little spree, Jahdai went home with plenty of toys that he'd never get tired of and Yemi felt accomplished. He looked like he was having fun and that was all that mattered. Anything to get his mind off his dad.