[28]

"Congratulations! Today so your day. You're off to great places, so get on your way," Jahdai read the book with his finger dragging along the page. He sat between Zayn's legs on the floor, the fringe getting in his face and the occasional sigh of boredom because this was his fourth book in the last hour.

"Why'd you stop?" Zayn asked, noticing Jah lean against his torso and groan.

"I'm tired of reading now," he turned to his dad and closed the book.

"This is for your test into first grade, man. You have to know a little bit more than kindergarten."

"I know more than that!" he whined, "I wanna take a break."

"Okay, okay. Can you answer a few questions for me first?"

"Yes?"

"How many sides is a square?"

"Uh," he counted as his fingers drew in the air, "four."

"Good. Spell towel and use it in a sentence."

"Ugh," he sighed again and lied on the floor, "t-o-w-e-l. Ehm...I use a towel after I shower."

"Smarty pants," Zayn smiled and thought of another one, "what continent and state are we in now and what's next to it?"

"Were in...North America," he made a weird sound, "the state is...Maryland."

"What's next to it?" Zayn repeated.

"Virginia. No, West Virginia. No--"

"Both of them, babe," Zayn chuckled, "how many questions was that?"

"Seventeen."

"Jah," he laughed, "I'll let you go, but you know what we're doing tomorrow?"

"Numbers."

"And then the day after?"

"Practice."

"Good. I love you."

"I love you more," he kissed his cheek and sat back down between him, "let's watch TV."

"What do you wanna watch?"

"The Incredibles."

"The DVD's over there. Can you get it for me?"

"Mhm," Jahdai got up and went over to the movie rack. Yemi came down, a charcoal mask on her face and her purple bonnet on her head.

"Hey, babe,"  Zayn said, watching her grab a bottle of water, "do you feel better?"

"No," she pouted, sitting on the couch, "usually face masks make me feel better but I'm just more irritated."

"You need anything?"

"No, I'm fine," she replied, grabbing a bag of chips on the table, "I hate cramps."

Zayn didn't say anything, not even being able to imagine what she was going through. It was day three of her cycle, and it seemed to get progressively worse. Yemi was very agitated, and she was glad she was her own boss because she took the whole week off for things like this.

"I talked to Nadiely," she muttered, "she's fine. Just annoying."

Zayn chuckled, rubbing her thigh and watching Jahdai put the DVD in the player. "I can only imagine."

"I'm so hurt. But I think that's just my hormones, honestly, so I think we made up."

"And the money?"

"It was never about that," Yemi said, "but she's on a payment plan with no interest."

Zayn laughed, watching her silently while she dug into the bag. Today, Yemi had terrible cramps and no desire to leave the house. He went out a few times just to run errands for them both but other than that, all three of them stayed home.

"Yemi, are you okay?" Jahdai asked quietly, standing in front of Zayn and watching the young woman intently.

"No, but I will be," Yemi answered with a tight smile, "I'll be fine."

"Are you sure--"

"Lady problems, Jah," Zayn cut him off and  made him sit in his lap, "something boys won't understand. But I promise she's fine."

"Okay," he grinned at that and turned to the TV.

Yemi drew out a tired yawn, stretching her tight muscles and groaning because she was exhausted. Nothing got done today but she was tired as hell.

Zayn and Jahdai were asleep on the couch, his son cuddled up against him with his thumb in his mouth. Zayn had fallen shortly after, his head still propped up by his hand and an elbow on the arm of the sofa. It was cute, but it was obvious he was going to be uncomfortable when woken up.

Yemi cut the TV off, checking the time to see it was almost midnight. She grimaced, putting empty chip bags and wrappers in the trash while checking to see if any big appliances were on.

She came back into the living room, shaking Zayn's shoulder until he woke up, blinking and looking around in confusion. "It's late, Zayn. Are you coming upstairs?"

"Yeah," he groaned deeply, setting Yemi's insides ablaze, "I'm coming."

"Can you cut everything off for me?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you," Yemi went upstairs and towards her room. Her bed was so comfortable, memory foam, which made her literally melt into the mattress with no issue. She needed something like this for her joints, which felt tight this whole day.

Yemi was under the covers and half asleep when Zayn walked in, closing the door behind him. His shirt was pulled off along with his pants, leaving him almost bare besides the boxers on his lower half. She smiled softly when the bed dipped and his arms were around her waist almost instantly.

"Lemme see your face."

She turned around in his arms, looking at his sleepy state and smiling. "Yes?"

"That's betta'," he crooned, pulling Yemi closer and kissing her lips, "that's my girl."

She hummed, kissing him again and lying her head on his shoulder. "Go to sleep, you knucklehead."

Zayn chuckled deeply, his back to the mattress as Yemi curled up beside him. "Get off my ribs, that tickles."

"Really?"

"Stop it," he hummed, squirming when she tried to grab his waist, "fucking stop. Stop!"

"Stop screaming," she shushed him and giggled, "you're gonna wake your son up."

"Baba, shush!" Jahdai screamed sleepily from the other room, causing Zayn and Yemi to laugh harder. He hid under the covers and closed his eyes.

"Yemi, stop it," Zayn pushed her when she got under also, "oh my God."

"Stop it, I love you. Stop," she kissed all over his face and smiled.

"No you don't. Otherwise you wouldn't be doing it."

"Stop, babe," Yemi kept kissing him, "I love you, say it back."

"No," he smiled and puckered his lips to make some disgusted face. It was so cute. "I'm kidding, Yemi."

"That's not funny," she whined, "Zayn you're so rude."

"Come on, you know I love you, baby," he grinned and kept his arm around her. She snuggled closer and felt a kiss on her forehead.

Yemi was super happy right now.

if there is anyone who can teach me some Arabic names and stuff (I wanna use it in this fic and future fics if I make any) that'd be great and I'll love you 5ever

BECAUSE ZAYN SPEAKING OTHER LANGUAGES IS LITTY ARABIC TITTY