[13]

Over the course of two months, Yemi and Jahdai had visited Zayn in rehab at least five times -- the limited amount he got -- and most times he was fine.

Today, he was not.

He was craving some sort of release and it was hard to explain since he couldn't exactly get any cocaine in this place. He kept it bottled up and Spencer didn't yet notice Zayn wasn't eating. He had been this whole time but today, he wasn't for it. His stomach didn't want food and he seriously wished for the white powder.

Withdrawals were slowly taking over him, his head was hurting and he frequently got the chills. He was jittery and irritated at the smallest things, like the fact the covers weren't thick enough or the people next to them weren't quiet enough so he could sleep.

Zayn huffed, curling up even more and trying to create warmth. "Ugh."

"Zayn."

"Yeah?"

"You good, man?"

"No, it's cold and I'm cold and I'm freezing."

"What?" Spencer laughed lightly, "it's hot as hell in here."

Zayn didn't say anything, instead he hoped Spencer knew what the fuck he was talking about. Zayn was freaking out because the last thing he needed was a seizure or to be sedated again and put into stupid solitary confinement. It was too scary.

"Withdrawal--"

"Yes, God," Zayn's shivered and closed his eyes.

"I'll be back," Zayn heard the door shut and frowned, wondering what exactly he was going to get. Spencer came back a few minutes later and he was back with food and cold water.

"What are you--"

"Come on, eating helps." Spencer said, letting Zayn sit up in the bed and look at him exhaustedly, "it does, I'm not kidding. And write in that journal of yours."

Zayn sighed, knowing he was going to throw this soup up later, but doing it because apparently it would make him feel better.

"So, tell me about your day," Spencer sat in his bed once again and continued to write in his own journal.

"You were with me, remember? We had group counseling again."

"Yeah, but it was a different person this time. How do you feel?"

"Better."

"That's all?"

"Yeah."

"Well."

"Yeah."

"Zayn," Spencer threw a pillow at him, "come on." What are you feeling?"

"The gag is, I don't know," he sighed and finished off his bowl of soup, "like, I could explode at any moment, I feel like. And I don't like not knowing what to do. It's scary."

"Understandable. What else?"

"Em," he put the spoon down and noticed his soup was gone, "I don't know."

"Are you depressed, anxious--"

"I wouldn't say depressed right now...I just feel like I'm going with the flow, but I still worry."

"About what?"

Zayn frowned and put his bowl on the nightstand. "I'm afraid I'm going to lose my mind in here."

"Yemi, what's that?"

"It's concealer," she replied, moving so he sat beside her on the ottoman and moving on to put foundation on her brush, "I'm doing a YouTube video."

"Ohh," he nodded and swung his feet, staring at the camera and doing a little wave, "hi, America."

"Yemi grinned, dotting the liquid makeup all over her face and blending it in. "Wanna watch TV?"

"No," he answered in monotone, "too much TV."

"What do you wanna do?"

"I don't know..."

"Hmm. Wanna go to the movies with me?"

"The movies? Like a theater?"

And he was so cute, his accent as strong as Zayn's.

"Yeah, like a theater. You down?"

"Is this a date?"

"Jah," Yemi laughed and began marking her face with the products from he contour kit, "so cute."

"But you didn't answer my question."

"I guess so."

Jahdai smacked his lips. "Dang, you're playing hard to get."

"This is a girly movie," Jahdai huffed and shoved popcorn into his mouth.

"How?" she whispered back, looking at the Polynesian princess fight coconut pirates.

"Because. Princesses. Moana is a princess and Maui is a God. They're going to fall in love."

Little did he know, Yemi already saw this movie two other times because it was that cute and she was so emotional. She was never too old to enjoy Disney movies.

"Whatever you say," she slouched and Jahdai curled up against her side, drinking from his soda.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?" Yemi frowned in confusion and pouted.

"No reason."

"Weirdo," she snorted and watched him watch the movie in awe.

"Moana is pretty. Girls are really pretty."

"Including Nadiely?"

"Yes. That's my girlfriend," he grinned and sat up, still arching the movie. He giggled when Moana kept getting thrown off the boat and the water brought her back on. It was so adorable.

this ain't much but I haven't updated in a while omg

so Zayn is almost done with rehab...what do you think is gonna happen??

IS HE GONNA DIE

🤔☺️