[44]

Over the course of two and a half months, Yemi and Zayn got accustomed to parenthood.

It was tough at first, with Yemi partially sad because her tummy was still fat but no baby was inside. She still held her stomach sometimes just because, and she looked a little dumb doing so because her baby weight had quickly diminished.

Zayn couldn't remember the last time he shaved, honestly. He was so obsessed with his new baby that he forgot about himself sometimes. It was strange because, babies were stressful, but Yemi had never seen Zayn so calm and at ease for as long as she'd known him, he was a natural.

Another odd thing was that Jahdai wasn't with that sibling rivalry thing. He took care of his baby sister just as much as anyone else in the family. He made sure she was okay at all times, and whenever he came home from school -- which was going great, btw -- he ran right to wherever she was, telling her all about his day.

It did get easier as being a mother and a self employed businesswoman kept going. Her brand was still strong and growing, but Yemi stayed home a lot. Nadiely actually took charge of everything and made sure things were running smoothly under Yemi's direct orders. She quickly became more responsible and trustworthy, and Yemi was proud of her best friend.

All in all, having a baby brought her closer to her family, made her see how important it was to raise children and take care of everything else. She was already pretty great at multitasking, but the day Yemi learned how to breastfeed, braid hair, and make sure the house was clean before anyone else got home, she noticed how great she actually was at this whole thing.

And it had only been two months.

"I'm off today, if you wanted to know why I was still here," Zayn was lying on the bed, watching TV as his girlfriend breastfed the two month old baby in her arms, "and for the next two days."

"You took off or somethin'?" She asked, slightly rocking the baby side to side.

"Mm-mm," he shook his head, "well, yeah. I took off today and then you know, I don't work on the weekends, so."

"Makes sense," the baby let get of her nipple and Yemi proceeded to lay her small head on her shoulder.

"'Kay, my turn," Zayn moved towards Yemi's boob but was smacked away by her other hand, "ow."

"Stop that," Yemi giggled, patting her baby's back and kissing her cheek, "you're annoying, Zayn."

"Am not."

"Am."

"Yemi."

"Yes, baby?"

"Nothing, I just like saying your name, babe," he slouched in the pillows and looked forward, "Jah gets out at two, right?"

"Four, Zayn."

"Fuck, I keep forgetting, now it's basically the end of the school year."

"Because you're stupid," Yemi heard her baby burp and smile, "she has man burps."

"That's my girl," he grinned, poking her cheek, "right, Salma? You're my little girl--"

"Shut up," Yemi lied the baby down in front of her, "she's so cute. We did that, babe."

And honestly, she was so cute. Like soooo cute. Baby Salma was a chubby, brownskin little baby girl with big dark brown eyes like her mother and big ears like her father. Her cheeks were fat and her wandering eyes were framed by thick and short lashes. Although Salma's appearance was to die for, her personality needed some work.