Night Before Swayamvar

She was standing in Gowri Mandir. The one which she herself had asked her father to build. But today it was not the calm Sita standing in front of Mata Gowri. Her sisters Urmila, Mandavi, Sruthakirti looked at their elder sister. They had never seen Sita this sad, a bit of confusion in her face. But she was standing there with her hands folded, tears waiting to fall from her eyes.

Mata Gowri was in Kailash. She looked at Janaki her devotee standing mutely in front of her idol. She was not asking her anything. A smile appeared on Mata Gowri's face and she turned to Shanker and found him looking at the other side. She strayed her gaze to where her beloved was looking. And she saw him.Rama was in his room. He was being little restless. Lakshman watched his brother pacing the room endlessly deep in thoughts. There was a pain in Ram's heart which Lakshman could feel and an unanswered question. " What if". 

His bhaiyya who had never once wavered in front of the great Rakshas was wavering now. Lakshman put a hand on Ram's shoulder. The brother's looked at each other. None spoke.Shanker turned to Gowri and saw her smiling. He smiled back at her. 

Mata Gowri said " Mahadev will you fulfill Janaki's wish"

" Gowri, he who sustains the whole world is standing today like a love struck boy in that room and she who sustains the world with him is looking at you with a sense of loss and prayer. We are fortunate to watch Hari and Lakshmi playing their leela on earth. Come let us prepare to watch the divine moment tomorrow a moment which will enthrall the whole world not today but for generations to come"

And they saw the entire devlok in preparations for the wedding. With Gandarvas preparing their instruments and apsaras getting ready to dance. Each and every deva in the joyous mood, waiting for the sun to riseAnd beneath in earth Ram and Sita wishing night was a little longer. They gazing at the moon and thinking about each other and the Shiv Dhanush between them