Bharat Mandavi and Lanka War

Mandavi was in Bharat's parnasala. News always came in bit and pieces through messengers. Today the messenger had come and told war was going to start. Mandavi was restless. She had sat with Urmila for sometime talking to her. But her sister was in deep sleep. Kirti now had no time as she was supporting Shatrughnan in running the kingdom. Kausalya, Kaikeyi and Sumitra were huddled in the room.

Mandavi knew she had to talk. Because she was afraid. Her sister Sita was in Ravan's custody and she was sitting here doing nothing. And war. That too Ravan.Seeing his anxious wife Bharat came out calmly" Mandavi what happened why you are you so tensed"" Arya battle is going to start tomorrow with Ravan" there was fear in Mandavi's eyes." So what Mandavi. My brothers are warriors. And Ravan have kidnapped Sita Bhabi. So if he is not listening to returning her then of course fighting the war is necessary for by Bhaiyya's and Bhabi's honor"" Arya you are talking like this because you have not seen Ravan. I have seen him Aarya. I have seen him " Mandavi was trembling as the image of swayamvar sabha flashed through her mindWith halting words she continued " Aarya you don't know how he insulted bade pitashree, how he insulted Sita didi, how he insulted Mithila. He had proclaimed that he never came for Sita didi but for dhanush. Then him trying to lift the dhanush. Mata Sunaina had closed her eyes. My mother was trembling and Sita didi I could see her holding Mata Sunaina's hand"Bharath could see his wife's body trembling as she recalled the most horrendous experience of her life.He held Mandavi's shoulder. Mandavi looked up. Bharat's eyes were serene. There was no fear in them." Mandavi why this fear. Ravan didn't lift the Shiv Dhanush. It was lifted by my brother Ram. He frightened you, but he didn't achieve anything. Sita is not his wife, but my bhabi. If you allow the fear he created to control you, then even without winning in that swayamvar sabha he wins. Let us not allow him to win. My brothers and Sita Bhabi needs our wholehearted support and prayers"It was then Mandavi realized. Her jijashree had done something Ravan couldn't do. She sat with Bharat as he bought some fruits for them to eat.