Bharat Mandavi Swaymavar drabble

She sat in the chariot with him. As the Chariot starting moving and as Mithila faded from view Mandavi didnt know what to feel. When her father asked her about marrying jiju's younger brother Bharat she had immediately said yes. Her only thought being that she can be with Sita didi. But now Mandavi was not sure. 

Clad in heavy bridal ghagra, jewellery and all she was feeling rather uncomfortable. If that was not enough her pallu was blowing in the air and she was always trying to control it. She looked at her other sisters. Sita didi and Urmila who is now her devrani seemed to be enjoying the journey with their spouses. And even Sruthakirti didnt seem to have any problem holding the pallu or heavy ornaments. She wanted to shout aloud. How do you blush, I am sweating and feeling irritated in the sun. But looking at the situation she kept quiet.

Bharat looked at his bride. When Bhaiyya asked him about marrying Mandavi, his only thought was since she was Sita Bhabi's sister, she will have the same values like Sita Bhabi and if Ram Bhaiyya felt Mandavi is right for him, then she has to be. 

From the time he has seen her in the mandap, Bharat felt that his bride was uncomfortable in the costume as well as the rituals. He had seen her struggling multiple times with her ghagra and she almost fell during viddai. And he had seen how her mother was giving on directions after directions to her and the poor girl nodding. 

He hoped mother Kaikeyi wont keep unnecessary expectations on her that she has to be like Sita Bhabi. Bharat was actually liking her behavior which didnt had any pretense and he hoped it stayed that way. Mandavi again adjusted her pallu. But this time the chimes in her bangles got stuck in the gold balls of her pallu. She tried freeing the bangles with another hand. But the bumping chariot didnt allow it as if she left the hand she will fall. Pallu was flying from other side and she felt it might fall. Bharat looked at Mandavi. It will not look good if pallu falls from her head. if some elders see it, they might not like it. 

 He gently moved towards her and asked " Mandavi shall I remove the bangle from the pallu"Mandavi looked at Bharath and saw his eyes full of concern. She nodded. Bharat gently removed the bangle and adjusted her pallu. " Mandavi hold the pallu this way. My mother and Kausalya maa does it like that. It will not disturb you. I will speak to Kausalya Maa and Sumitra Maa so that they will ensure you wear light jewellery and light ghagras after the rituals are over. Dont worry."

First time Mandavi looked into his eyes and felt what love was. As she laughed with him she forgot her heavy ghagra and jewellery. They were approaching Ayodhya and Bharat told her reassuringly. " Mandavi if you have difficulty climbing the steps with your ghagra walk closely behind me stealthily holding my hand. We need to stand side by side only when we reach top for Grihapravesh"Mandavi smiled once again this time it reflected not only love, but a contentment that she had taken the right decision.