Sita's goodbye

Sita looked around. Time has come. The auspicious time has come for her to say goodbye. It was twilight . The stars were faintly seen.The nature was standing with head bowed in front of their beloved daughter. Ram was standing looking at her his eyes briefly meeting hers, then there was praja and purohits of Ayodhya their eyes reflecting the question. Janaki took a deep breath. First she turned towards the nature.

" Hey trees, flowers, oh the beautiful stars, butterflies, birds, animals in my whole life I have always loved you, nurtured you but today it is time for me to say goodbye as the time has come for me to end this earthly life which has asked me question after question only. So please accept my final pranam to all of you"Ram looked tight lipped, but the praja and purohits now were trembling. They were not sure what was coming their way.Sita turned to Ram " Hey Raghunandan with the auspicious sound of the Triyambaka bow breaking you bought the lamp of Mithila to the illustrious royal palace of Ayodhya. The kingdom where both sun and moon shines. This princess of Mithila came here with dreams in her eyes. I wanted to light the palace and kingdom as a diya. But the day the choodamani of my love was forsaken for the throne my dreams also died. Now it is time for me to say goodbye to you, to the palace, to my dreams " She folded her hands and Ram closed his eyes.Then she looked at the Praja and Purohit of Ayodhya, fire coming from her eyes. Praja and Purohit couldn't meet the woman in whose eyes Agni was burning " Proof, proof of my purity. A society which couldn't trust the Agni who came and gave the proof. Agni the most purest thing on this earth is not to be trusted. More proof is wanted. Yes I will give proof. Hey mother. I have come through you. I have grown up in Mithila. And if it is true that Sita has her heart only at her Ramapada take her back in your womb. Give the world the proof of my purity"Praja, purohit. Ram everyone stood stunned as earth shook, thunder happened. Before they knew the earth broke in between and out came the bhudevi in her throne. Ram cried Sitae. Praja said Mata don't go. Sita stepped on her mother's lap. Bhudevi wrapped her arms around her daughter and before everyone knew what happened disappeared. Night has fallen in Ayodhya. Mahalakshmi has gone, rejecting Ayodhya, its Sanskriti.