Shatrughnan Kirti Swayamvar drabble

Sruthakirti sat in the decorated bed. She looked around. The room was beautifully decorated with flowers and Sumitra maa has spared nothing in her sringaar. From the green ghagra and yellow choli that perfectly went with her complexion to the beautiful khaandanni jewellery which she had split between Urmila didi and her Sruthakirti knew it was not only the room, but she was also looking beautiful. But Sruthakirti was restless and afraid also. She was not sure how her husband behave with her. 

She has not spoken to him yet. When she was asked whether it is fine for her to marry Shatrugna, with only one glimpse at him she had said yes. Then her mind was filled with the time she can spend with her sisters in the sasural also. But now. Her sisters were in different rooms with their spouses. Sita didi and Urmila didi had fallen in love before marriage and once in Ayodhya she has seen Mandavi didi also comfortable and smiling. She felt alone.

Shatrugna approached his room. He was not sure what to call his bride. Unlike his bhabi's her name was a little lengthy Sruthakirti. He thought he will call her kirti in private if she is fine with it. He opened the door.Sruthakirti heard footsteps in the room and she immediately pulled her pallu down. Shatrugna sat in front of her in the bed. He saw his bride's hands almost trembling.

He gently lifted her ghunghat, she was looking beautiful, but he felt the palpitable tension in her face." Sruthakirti is it ok if I call you Kirti" he asked her gently. She nodded. He wanted to laugh seeing her nod which was full of tension.He took a glass of water from the side table 

" Kirti you might be tired after all the travel. Here drink water"Sruthakirti thankfully took water from his hand. As she started drinking Shatrugna told her " Kirti do you know, when we came back from gurukul we were feeling very uncomfortable in the room. You know what Ram Bhaiyya did. He asked all of us to go to balcony and sleep there. And we all went to balcony and had a nice sleep looking at the stars.You also will be feeling uncomfortable right. This is a new place away from your home. Shall we go to balcony. We can sit there and talk and come back to the room before dawn."

Sruthakirti put the glass down and looked at her husband, first time smiling from her heart, her tension relieved.Shatrugna gently took her hand and led to the balcony. As they emerged into the balcony he heard Lakshman Bhaiyaa's voice" Didn't I say Ram Bhaiyya they will also come. Now you and Sita Bhabi get ready to answer our questions."

They turned and found all their brothers and sisters were already in the balcony and Lakshman Bhaiyya has decided to play prank on Ram Bhaiyya and Sita Bhabi on how they felt before the day of Swayamvar.Shatrugna told " Lakshman Bhaiyya this time prank is not going to be on Ram Bhaiyya and Sita Bhabi alone, me and Bharat Bhaiyya are not going to spare you and Urmila Bhabi. They all burst into laughter and the balcony of Ayodhya was filled with the joyous and loving banter of the brothers and sisters enjoying the moment, without knowing destiny's hard plans for them.