Listen to me Nature

Ravan stood in front of Sita. He was laughing mercilessly at her.

" Sita what were you boasting of. Your husband and your devar will come and save to you. What a foolish woman you are. Look now your devar is almost dead. Struck by Brahmastra he is taking his last breath in the battle field. Nothing can save him. And your husband will follow the suit. He will not survive his brother's death. Oh lady. Atleast see sense now. Come to me, I will spare your husband." 

He again laughed.Sita looked at him in horror, tears streaming down her eyes. What is she hearing. Her Lakshman, her loving devar is fatally hit. He is dying. No this cannot happen. She will not allow this to happen. With Sita around nothing can happen to her devar." Ravan my devar cannot die. If I am alive I will ensure he lives."

" Foolish lady you wont listen. You love dying. Do what you want. I will come personally to you to deliver the news of your devar's death"

As soon as Ravan left, Sita took some sand in the garden. She requested Trijadha her friend among the demons who were left to guard her to get some water. When Trijadha brought that Sita quickly made a Shivling and began to pray earnestly" Oh Mahadev your are Mritunjay. You know how much devoted my devar has been to my husband and me. If his devotion was truthful and sincere I appeal to you, protect my devar" she sat there chanting om Namah Shivaya continuously.

Urmila woke up with a start. Her whole body was in sweat. Her hands were trembling. Something has happened to Lakshman her husband. The last news she has heard about them was they had crossed the ocean and where about to engage in a battle with Lankesh for liberating Sita.

The vague dream showed her an arrow hitting him. She didn't waste any time. She ran to the private Mahadev Temple in the palace her MIL had kept.She sat in front of the Shiv ling " Hey Mahadev. I don't know what has happened to my husband. But I can feel it is something very bad and you are the only one who can protect him. Mahadev if my tapasya of letting him go for his duty is true, if I had given him away completely to his duty with freewill protect him today. 

Jijashree will be shattered without him. And my sister Sita is in the captivity of Lankesh. She will also die if something happens to Jijashree. Oh Mahadev protect my Arya.

Trijadha came running to Sita " Oh noble lady, my faithful messengers have bought the news that Hanuman is going to Himadri to get the Mrithasanjeevani for your devar. If Mrithasanjeevani is given to him before sunrise he will survive that is what the vaidya has said"

Sita looked at the Shivling and said " Mahadev I am very happy you have shown a way". Then she got up and facing east said " Oh forces of nature, I Sita daughter of the earth today requests you to aid Hanuman in his endeavor. Let no obstacle come in his path, guide him to Himadri and back in the requested time with Sanjeevani" A breeze blowed, a star twinkled brightly and Sita felt a calmness in her mind as if her prayer has been heard.

Urmila was lost fervently in the prayer that the dasi had to call her quite loudly " Princess Urmila, Mata Sumitra has called you to her chamber" wiping her tears Urmila rushed to Sumitra's chamber.She could see a pall of gloom there. Bharath was standing. No one was speaking anything. Seeing her they grew more pale. Kirti held her shoulders. She saw all 3 mothers crying. She looked at Bharat quizzingly.Bharat haltingly told her he had met Hanuman on the way from Himadri. He had told Lakshman is fatally wounded and fighting for his life and he is going with Sanjeevani medicine for him. If he didn't reach before sunrise then Lakshman cannot be saved.Urmila sighed. 

" Bharat Jijashree you are saying Hanuman has gone with medicine for my arya. Then why are you all worrying. Hanuman is the same one right who found Sita didi. I am sure Hanuman will reach with the medicine before sunrise. He has the blessing of both Ram jijashree and Sita didi and he cannot fail. And Bharat jijashree nor can our tapasya. Your brother has gone for his duty and I had let him go. It is our tapasya jijashree, our duty bound tapasya of 14 years. Nature will have to listen to Urmila today. It cannot take Lakshman from her. She had only let him go for 14 years, not more than that. Jijashree my husband has to come back and I have complete faith he will come back."

Everyone looked at her in astonishment, the calmness and serenity with which she spoke as if she knew nature was with her.Yes nature had to bow down, bow down to the prayers of the two women who were asking it protect a duty bound man.And the sun rose in Lanka, with Lakshman opening his eyes and hugging his brother and the might of Lanka was moving towards sunset.