Prologue

"A-Ali?" I asked looking at my sister, who was on the ground hiding. She looked at me and almost freaked out!

"Iris?" she asked. "What are you doing here? It's dangerous!"

"I want to help you. Please, I've seen your friends from Rosewood; they're looking for you! You disappeared on them!"

"Iris, I had too. It's not safe for me to come back yet! He's out there-"

A twig snapped. "What was that?!" I said scared. I clutched onto Ali, and I could tell she was scared too.

"Let's get out of here," she said. I nodded, and we ran until Ali found a shed to move into. I was still kind of scared because I knew that Ali's enemies were dangerous.

"Shh, Iris, I'll be fine. We need to get you out of here." I nodded, and Ali began leading me around the shed, looking for something.

"Ali?"

"Yeah, Iris?"

"Can I try to talk to your friends now? They know you're alive. Why not just tell them?"

"Ok, but I have a specific one for you to talk too. Her name is Emily Fields. If we can get her to not fear A, then the rest will follow," she said.

"Wait... I just thought of something. What if they don't believe I'm your sister?" I asked.

"You bring up a good point. Hold on," she said finally finding what she was looking for.

"Just give this to them, and they'll believe you. Now, go," she said handing me the note. I hugged her and ran out of the shed.

-S-

I ran out of the shed as fast as I could. I got back home just in time.

"Iris? Is that you?" Mom asked.

"Yeah Mom, I just had to grab something," I answered. "I'm going to bed. Goodnight!"

"Goodnight," she answered. I ran to my sister's old room. Mom let me have it after we moved back home.

I laid on the bed, wondering how I was going to meet up with Ali's friends. I placed the note on my desk, then closed my eyes and fell asleep.