Chapter 9- Shut Up Iris!

"Iris!! Iris, please wake up, please!!" I heard a teary voice say.

"Ali?" I asked. I fluttered my eyes open and saw a very teary Alison weeping at the sight of me. My sister, crying? Since when did that happen?

"You're awake!!" she exclaimed hugging me. Ok, she was acting WAY too nice. I was starting to get scared.

"Ali...are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yes! Maybe... No, no I'm not," she said shaking her head.

"What happened? Did he find you?!"

"No. But he will soon. Unless I move. Come on, let's go," she said helping me up. I winced as I stood up. I guess I didn't notice the big gashes on my ankles earlier.

"Just leave me, Ali. If I die, it won't affect you. You need to live. Just go."

"No, Iris. Come on." She slung my arm over her shoulder and she helped me walk out of the woods.

"Where do you suggest we go now?! You can't just walk into town like the undead!" I snapped.

"Shut up!" she said. I think her breaking point has finally been reached.

"I d-didn't mean it-" I began.

"NO! Just shut up, Iris! Just shut up and let me think!" she yelled. My arm slipped and I fell to the ground, trying to keep the pain in. At least I know Ali hasn't gone crazier than she already is.

"D-didn't you know someone with a treehouse a while back?" I suggested.

"Treehouse... That treehouse is gone! Idiot," she mumbled the last part, but I heard it. Sorry Ali, but I can't remember everything from three years ago while I'm on the ground because of wounds from a kidnapping/murder attempt!

"Ali... the basement," I muttered. "The secret basement beneath our house that only we know about. Remember?"

"Of course! Iris, why are you so smart?", Ali asked.

"I'll tell you once you help me up," I told her. She nodded and we trudged over to the secret basement. She laid me down on the floor, and she started to do something I haven't heard her do ever since we were little: she was singing to herself.

She only did this when she was worried about something or when she was keeping a secret.

"Ali, what's wrong?" I asked tiredly.

"Shh," she said. "Just go to sleep for now. I'll tell you soon enough."

I didn't want too, but I dozed off before I could ask Ali more questions.