Chapter 3- Meeting Up With Ali

I packed up my supplies for tonight's meet up with Alison. She's kind of adapted to the wild life, yet somehow she's the same queen bee sister I've grown to love.

"Iris? Where are you going?" Mom called out.

"I'm meeting up with Madison tonight! I'll see you tomorrow, Mom!" I called out.

"Goodbye dear, have fun!"

I walked out to where I was supposed to meet Emily so we could go meet Alison. Where is she?

"Sorry I'm late!" a voice called out. It was Emily coming out from a bush.

"It's fine. Now, let's go," I said and she nodded. I led her into the woods, where the shed was located. I did the secret knock Ali told me to use, and I heard the door quickly open.

"Iris!" she said happily. I hugged her and she hugged me back. Then she looked over and saw Emily.

"E-Emily? W-what are you doing here?" she said not believing her eyes. Emily looked shocked, relieved, and happy at the same time.

"I needed to see you. I didn't think I was ready... but Iris convinced me otherwise," Emily said. Ali looked at me and smiled.

"Iris, did you bring the stuff?" she asked. I nodded, and she said,"Ok, both of you, get in, now.

We did as we were told, and I opened my supplies up, which, in reality, was the reason I came: to keep Ali alive. Every Friday, I brought her food, water, clothes, and, occasionally, make-up. That way, she can actually look like she's a human being with style instead of an ugly skeleton.

"Oh my gosh, Iris, you are amazing!" Ali told me. "You remembered my favorites! Thank you!"

"Ali, I read the note. I don't think I can stop fearing -A. It just seems... impossible," Emily said.

"Em, listen. If you keep listening to -A, then you are going to spend your life being -A's little slave. I don't want that, and you don't want that. You need to stand up to -A because that's when you'll become immune to -A's attacks," Ali said.

"Iris, I need to talk to you. Alone."

I followed her into a creepier room in the shed.

"Listen to me: I need you to become friends with the girls, and then convince them to not fear A. Can you do that?" Ali said. I nodded, and she said,"Great. I knew I could count on you. Let's go back to Emily."

We walked back to the original room, where Emily was waiting for us.

"Alright girls, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight," Ali said. We told her goodbye and ran out of the woods.

"Hey so, where are you going tonight?" Emily asked.

"Well, it's 11:30, so I can't go back home. My friends are all asleep. I guess I'll find a tree to sleep in," I said.

She laughed. "Well, you could stay with me for tonight. If you wanted too..."

"Emily, that's nice and all, it's just that I don't really think I should. Trees are actually a lot more comfortable than you'd think."

"Come on, it's just one night." I finally caved in and she led me into her house, up to her room, and got me a blanket.

"Night, Em," I said.

"Night, Al-I mean, Iris," she said.