Chapter 6- The Past

It was the night of the barn gathering. Yes, I did just say that. Emily came by to show me the way.

"Emily? What are you doing here?" Mom asked when Emily came through the door.

"I'm just picking up Iris for our... er, sleepover, tonight. Didn't she tell you?" Emily asked smiling.

"No, she didn't... Iris, can you come down here?" she said, and while I knew I was about to get in serious trouble with my mother, I grabbed my bag, put a smile on my face, and walked past my mother to Emily's side.

"Ready to go?" I asked. She nodded and we began to walk away.

"Bye, Mom! I'll see you soon!" I called out. We got into Emily's car and drove to the barn.

"Ok, you wait outside the barn, and wait for me to say your name," Emily said. I nodded and she went inside, where the other girls greeted her.

"So, what was this thing you wanted to talk about?" a voice said.

"Apparently, Ali has a little sister," Emily said.

"Wait, what?! How could we not know about this?" another shocked voice said.

"How old is she? Eleven or ten or nine or what?"

"She's fifthteen guys, come on!" Emily said. Then there was silence. Wow, no wonder Ali called her Killer.

"Do you think we could talk to her? She might have information on Ali."

"Iris, come in!" That's my cue.

I walked into the barn, and I saw the three other girls I've been wanting to meet for a long time.

"Well, stop standing there and say something!" the blonde girl said.

"Hanna!!" Emily said. Seriously, I'm gonna start calling her Killer!

"It's fine, Emily. You know, she reminds me of Alison a lot," I said looking at Hanna. She looked shocked. What?! I was giving her a compliment, sheesh!!

"I'm Iris," I stated. They just looked at me.

"Um, hi, I'm Aria. Nice to meet you, Iris," Aria said.

"You too. So, since Spencer's the only one that hasn't said anything, I'm assuming that you're Spencer?" I said looking at her.

"You got me," Spencer said.

-S-

"So... anything in particular you want to hear from my sister?" I asked after a while. I could see that they were afraid to ask the stuff they wanted to know.

"How come we're hearing about you now? Why haven't we seen you before?" Hanna asked.

"Well, that one is kind of personal. Only Ali knows that," I said thinking of my past.

(Eight years ago)

I was running away because I didn't want spend the rest of my life in that horrible orphanage.

The next thing I knew, I was on the ground. A blonde girl looked at me like I was nuts.

"I am so sorry! Please don't do anything to me!" I said holding back tears. If this girl found out about me, she's send me back for sure! I don't want to go back though!

"Are you lost?" the girl asked me. I shook my head.

"Where's your mom and dad?" she asked me. That's when I broke down and started to cry.

"M-mommy and d-daddy are gone," I sniffled. She gasped. Then she wiped away my tears and asked me to hold her hand. I took it and she led me over to a woman who I guessed was her mom.

Then the lady asked me if I wanted to be in their family. I said yes. It was the happiest day of my life! I had a mom and a dad and a brother and a sister!

They looked at me, shocked. Oh crap, I spoke my thoughts!

"I d-didn't mean to tell you that... sorry," I said looking down.

"Wow... who knew Ali cared about more stuff than boys and making people's lives miserable?" Hanna said. Gosh, she is like Ali!

"So, she was nice back when she was younger, you're saying?" Spencer said.

"Yeah... she really was. And she still is," I said. "The reason you guys didn't about me is because of my mom. She's embarrassed by me. To her, I'm like that stray puppy you see on the street and you just can't help but help them, and then they get attached to you so you can't toss them away."

"Anything else?"

(So, more questions will be asked on the next chapter! And in the flashback, Iris was seven, so think about that before you comment. Leave me a comment and maybe a vote and away I go!!) :)

Kisses, -S-