Chapter 22- Talk it Out

It had been three days since I had seen Janet. Madison and Ringo had begun to notice that I was distant from everyone and everything. Even Ali had begun to notice.

I was laying on my bed scrolling through an article on my phone when my door opened. Ali came in with a couple of lattes and croissants.

"You're not your usual self, Iris," she said handing me some of her items. Reluctantly, I took them and bit into the warm pastry.

"Yeah, so?" I asked taking a sip of my latte.

"So, I'm wondering what's going on." I almost spit out my latte.

"Since when do you care what's going on with me?" I snapped.

Alison looked shocked. "I know I'm not the best sister in the world, Iris. I'm selfish, I take advantage of people, and I used my baby sister to keep me safe from a stalker while my friends- I'm not even sure they would let me call them that anymore- basically ruined their lives because of me."

"But I'm trying to make things right," she continued. "And I'm starting by being the sister that I never was."

"You know you don't need to change for me, right? I honestly don't want you to change for anyone. If people can't see you for your heart and only see you for your face and bad days, then they're not worth your time."

Ali was almost in tears. "Iris, when did you get so smart?"

"I don't know. But do you really care what's going on with me?"

"Of course I do! Now, spill."

"Okay... I think it's time you knew." I told her about Janet, the orphanage, and what I saw. I didn't tell her about Spencer being with me, though; I didn't want her to get too suspicious.

When I was finished, Ali stood up and walked out of my room, only saying one thing in passing, "Iris, there's something I need to do."

I really hope that she's not doing what I think she's doing.

(GUYS!! IT'S BEEN FOREVER AND I GAVE YOU A CRAPPY SHORT CHAPTER AND I'M REALLY SORRY!!! I knew I needed to do something for y'all because this story has reached a new milestone: 20K reads!!! Thank y'all so much for reading this story! I really appreciate y'all and I promise the next chapter will be better! Quick questions: What do you think Ali is gonna do? Will Mona or Janet be involved?)

Kisses, -S-